Skip to content
POLL TMI Would you give up IQ for bigger Breasts?
Mainemommy posted:
I saw this survey results on The CBS Morning Show. I think it was 62% Nope I already wear a 42D. Now to lose 60lbs & keep it off? Yes I would exchange some IQ points for that
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

sarah0323 responded:
I wouldn't. I would ditto losing and keeping the weight off though. I'm a 42F so I don't want any more.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
62%?!?!! What?!?!!? That is just sad...I'd be interested to see the ages of the women polled. Maybe I would have said yes in my teens and 20s but not now. Also, there are such great bras now that you can really fake it in clothes! You can't fake IQ, IMO.

Steph - are you trying to lose weight now? That was one of the toughest things I ever faced - and that was before kids. I'd have to say "yes" to a little less smarts to make that 15 year time period easier...

Sarah - was that you looking for good bras? Did you find one?

H

UKbluegirl2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
If you're IQ is high enough, shouldn't you have a decent job and be able to 'buy' boobs if you really want them? Just saying...

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
I was dying to "buy some boobs" when I was a teen. My dad is an attorney who used to represent many plastic surgeons and I pestered him to get me a deal.

He said "We'll just do one and see how you like it!"

Sigh. I declined.

Haylen

UKbluegirl2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
That's an awesome response!

As a teen, I'm almost surprised you didn't try it. Being an attorney's daughter, you better believe they wouldn't have botched you up though!

We were in a corp suite at Keeneland on Saturday and there was one girl that had the most amazing figure. She weighed maybe 110. Perfect subtle curves everywhere. It was classy, IMO. Definitely no Miracle Bra; made me wonder if 'boobs' are in or out right now?

neeru_pdx responded:
Nope - maybe a reduction, ha ha ha! But actually no to any body change if I have to sacrifice IQ. I hate that I am struggling with weight right now, and 50 lbs needs to go for my health and happiness, but I like who I am intellectually. Now if I had a heart condition or diabetes ... maybe. Wow, this has just brought home how I HAVE to get serious about getting fit I lost 24 lbs in 2010 (on Weight watchers) , and gained almost all of it back the following year.

sarah0323 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yep that was me. I found some playtex bra's that are working well. It is amazing how much better you feel with a well fitting bra.

I have lost 15 lbs in the last month. I would like to lose at least 60 lbs more. I know what caused the weight gain. I'm working on correcting it but it is hard. I didn't gain all the weight over night and I'm not going to lose it all over night.

In reality though I'm happy with myself. With hard work and lifestyle changes I know I can make permanent changes with out loosing any IQ points.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
I would give some of my boobs away for a higher IQ ~~~

I have weight to lose as well 25lbs. It is tough and I feel very discouraged lately. Feels like this weight will always stay on no matter what I do !
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

nursingbug replied to baby1at35's response:
I am in the same boat as most of you ladies- I am about a size 44D, now since pg I am a 44DD. So no way would I want them bigger! I would consider giving up a few IQ points to lose weight, but my IQ has helped me more in my life than being fat has held me back, so not so sure...would be nice though!

VicsEandJ responded:
Add me to the list of big boobed women who need to lose 20 lbs! But I like my brain more than I dislike my fat, so I'm not trading. I keep hoping that since I'm smart enough to know that being overweight is bad for you, eventually I will get it together and get the weight off. I have been dieting since January and intally i was doing great- I lost about 10 lbs, but in the last 4 weeks- I have lost nothing, and frankly the way I've been eating, I am lucky to not have gained any of it back ( apparently exercising does help! )

I just wish women could love themselves as they are and that the media would stop promoting insecurity. Where is the poll on what physical gift men would trade IQ for???

lbcash responded:
Well some of you may remember my post of actually wanting breast!! Well my breast don't bring home the money but my IQ does. Career or boobs??? I choose career and the choice to help provide for my family.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley. I am happily married, with 2 boys 4 years and 18 months. I am a stay at home mother, and love it! .

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.