Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Did you go to your prom?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My neighbor's daughter took off for her prom Saturday and she looked so cute in her sparkly black dress.

Gave me flashbacks to my prom - lavender taffeta with giant puffy sleeves and dyed to match shoes. White lace hose. As a bonus, my date and I both had braces!

Did you go to your prom? Was it a good experience?

Haylen

p.s. Now I'm on a quest to find a photo of that night - I'm sure the dress is worse than I'm remembering

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Nope, didn't go to any of my proms. I went to an all-girls school so I wasn't around boys much. I did ask a boy in my dance group to homecoming in my junior year but he was busy that night and asked the same boy to my Senior Prom but he said he was busy and I found out he went to the Spring Prom (sophomores & juniors) obviously with another girl.

I have a DD now and can't wait for her to be old enough for that. I never got to do the dress shopping and really want to do it.

RoseLynn02 responded:
I didn't go to prom. I got tired of school drama & it being more about who you were screwing then actually getting an education. But I went to school in Las Vegas & they don't rank very high nationally as far as school districts are concerned. So, long story short, I went to summer school after my junior year & tested out of my last 2 classes so I wouldn't have to go back to high school & so I could start college early. I always wondered what prom would have been like, but I heard my schools prom sucked & the bigger "party" was outside in the parking lot (w/ drugs, alcohol, & of course sex). So not things I was interested in at the time (still not interested in the first 2). I hope if my daughters go to prom they enjoy it & it's about better things. Thank goodness my husband & I choose to move & get them out of Vegas.

lbcash responded:
Yep I went both my Junior and Senior years. I was a bit of a rebel and instead of wearing your typical formal gown I chose to wear formal pants!! My junior year you couldn't tell it was pants unless I was walking or standing with my legs apart, and the belly had a diamond shape cutout. It wa covered in sequins and beads also. My senior year was a two piece, belly bearing pant set! I absoutely cannot believe I wore them. Most of all I can't believe they let me wear them! Memories like these make me thankful I have two boys! Also both proms were so boring and cheesy that I only stayed an hour.

sarah0323 responded:
I went to both my Junior and Senior proms. My Junior prom we had a blast. My Senior prom I had already been out of high school since Christmas and didn't want to go but my mother made me. So I went got my picture taken and then left. I think of all that money that was wasted on 1 picture.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

nursingbug replied to sarah0323's response:
I went to my senior prom with my now-husband. It was fun, but not the magical movie prom. There was a lot of drama in my life at the time (I know, who doesn't have drama in high school), my mom had just died and I was angry with how my friends treated me after- but I knew then I was going to marry my boyfriend, so I had fun.

ryanandleigh responded:
Nope - didn't attend prom at all. No one asked.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

cinder44 responded:
Only went to my senior prom with my boyfriend at the time. He was long term but didn't marry him. Wore a blue dress - think Cinderella type. I think my mom still has the dress. I had fun & prom to dawn at the school was fun, too.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

kc_94920 responded:
Yep, I went to Jr. and Sr. proms and had a good time both times alohough my Sr. prom was a blast. I went with the boy I was seeing but also with a large group of friends. We all went to dinner before and had a limo to drive us to the prom and them the after party. I wore a blue glittery mini dress (with dyed shoes to match) the first time and a white and silver strapless mini dress the second time---Boy, I'll never forget the big hair and lace gloves that finished off that hot mess. LOL!!!
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

VicsEandJ responded:
I went to the senior prom. My hs was too small to ahve a junior prom, too. I was on the palnning committee

I had no boyfriend, so I went with a guy who was just a friend, so it was not a romantic night,but we had fun. plus it totally pissed off the junior b***h who was only dating him becsuse she wnated to got to the prom. He knew it and never asked her, though she had already bought a dress when we decided to go together.

my dress was peach- I am not girly but I love girly colors and pretty formal dresses-. It was strapless and floor length. I loved it- so did my cousin- she's the same age and unbeknowst to my mom and aunt until after the proms, we had the same dress! Had any of us known this, I'm sure they would've tried to make us share it since we did not go to the same school. I actually wore small heels, about 2 inches- a lot for me- a rarity for me, so you know I thought the occasion was special.

I had a great time. I still remember the seafood bisque we had as part of the dinner- delicious. Afterward, there was an after party and a bunch of people then ended up at IHOP.

The funniest/oddest thing about the night was that when I was getting ready at home, my sister and 3 of her friends- they were all juniors- came over to help me get ready! Then while my date took me to his house so his mom could take pictures of us, my sister and her friends went to the prom site and were there to take pictures when we arrived!

crunk05177 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
I went to both as well! My junior prom I went with my now husband who we dated on and off since I was 15. We were actually on an off but still friends moment so he came anyway. We went with a huge group of extended friends. We went on a cruise that everyone from the school booked for the night....I honestly don't remember much of it since I partied pretty hard. DH did not come on the cruise. Then the next day a bunch of us went into Manhattan and walked around all day. It was the first time we had gone to explore without adults. That was fun too. I wore a baby blue dress....

My senior prom...I went with my BFF Steve, who is probably the only guy who I can truly say I love to death but think of as only a close friend. DH was being a jerk so I didn't want to take him. My girl BFF wound up taking DH (I didn't mind) so he wound up being there anyway. This time we kept the group in the limo small....we kept it to our small group of friends. Afterwards we went into the city to a comedy club and the next morning we went camping out on eastern Long island for one night. DH also did not come to that. However, we had a blast! Def great memories...I loved every second of it...

Now I am a bitter old lady hehe ....almost 29 lol but I am def boring now...I think I need to make changes in my life and become fun again....thank you for the reminicing
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

VicsEandJ replied to crunk05177's response:
Crunk-
that is so funny that your DH came to both of your proms, but neither as your boyfriend!!

VicsEandJ replied to crunk05177's response:
and if you think you are boring now, fast forward 15 years and you'll be me- so boring that it doesn't even bother me anymore!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.