Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT-Stanley Cup Finals Here We Come!!!
tlkittycat1968 posted:
WOO HOO!!! We were watching the overtime period in bed and I almost jumped out of bed when they scored. I'll bet you scared your daughter again.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Ha ha! We SCREAMED but the girls were already in bed.

My 7 year old came running in this morning and her first words were "did the Kings win?!?!" Fun to be into something together!

I'm looking for a sitter so hubby and I can watch the 1st game of the finals somewhere fun (NY or NJ?!?!)

tlkittycat1968 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
That would be so cool. If the Sharks had made it, that's what we planned on doing but no such luck. Los Angeles is a bit of a drive for us so I doubt we'll go to any of those games, not that there will be any tickets available.

The Kings will get a week's rest since the next series doesn't start until May 30. Hopefully that'll help them. That and the fact that the NJ/NY series is going at least 6 games; hopefully that'll mean they'll be tired.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Well, now we know who the Kings are going to play. Hopefully the longer break will benefit the Kings.

VicsEandJ replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
We were watching a movie with the kids but DH & I tuned into the Rangers-Devils game about a minute before NJ scored the winning goal in OT- just in time! We saw most of the series and the Devils palyed pretty well.

But all of our rooting for NJ( really just against the Rangers) has made DS into a pseudo Devils fan.

I told him that I am rooting for the Kings in the finals and he is SOOO mad- he says NJ is closer and we went to their arena for the circus so we should root for them. I told him that I never want another team in my team's division to win it all so I am not rooting for the Devils!
I'll have to root quietly until he goes to bed- but since the games will start so late, it shouldn't be a problme! go kings!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to VicsEandJ's response:
I appreciate your support Vics! Those Jersey fans can fist-pump all they want - the Kings are peaking at the right time and HUNGRY for the cup!

I can't wait till Wednesday!

H

tlkittycat1968 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
You're like me. I'll root for a team just because they're playing a team I don't like. It's not that I want the team I'm rooting for to win, I just want the other team to lose.

tlkittycat1968 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Wednesday can't come fast enough for me. I'd love it if the Cup came to California again.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to VicsEandJ's response:
vics - I'm LOL ing at what your husband said:

NJ is closer and we went to their arena for the circus so we should root for them.

Ha, ha! The circus!

I am loving all of the hockey coverage in the Los Angles Times - the sports page has at least 3 articles on the Kings every day. DH and I grab for the sports page at the same time now...

j9ween3 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I hate the Devils
Janine - Tyler -7, Bella -5, Giana -2 born 8 weeks early

DS has open house at his school tonight at 6p so I'm gonna miss part of the game. Hopefully my mom will put on the game there so we'll at least be able to see part of the first period.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Have fun at open house! We just had our for the 1st grader - she was so proud of all of her little projects....it was fun to see all the parents too.

I am decorating the house with purple and black! Will post photos when I am done!

WOO HOO!!! One down, 3 to go.

GO KINGS!!!!

DH scared the cat and woke up our daughter cheering when they scored in OT.

Oh wow! That was a hard fought game - the Kings are really going to have to step up their game - the Devils are GOOD! And play the same style of hockey. One of the players tweeted "who built the square rink"? Did you see them hammering a board in? Lots of discussion about the bad ice.

Below are my homemade decorations that greeted DH when he came home with my 3 year old. Inside we had more balloons and purple and black streamers. This is the first time I have "got it" about being so excited about a sports team - now I understand my Giant's fan across the street

Haylen

So is your DH on the Kings bandwagon now?!?!?

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.