Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Messy messes!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My 3 year old knocked a jar of spaghetti sauce out of the fridge last night - sauce and glass EVERYWHERE!

It made me think about the epic messes mom's have faced since the kiddos came along...

Do you have an outstandingly messy mess courtesy of your kids?

Haylen

p.s. My 7 year old ripped open a package of wasabi peas from Trader Joe's in my car last week - the whole package EXPLODED. Not that messy but what a pain to pick them all up....
FirstPrevious12NextLast

kc_94920 responded:
My last colossal clean up (yesterday) was totally my own fault. I misjudged the edge of the compost can and dumped 7 mornings worth of coffee grounds from my espresso machine all over my kitchen floor. Good times that was! About a week ago the younger two got into a water/shampoo fight in the shower and had water and suds everywhere. That was fun too!

Oh and Haylen, believe it or not, we've also had a wasabi pea bag explosion. DD2 was about 2 when she ripped open the bag while sitting in her stroller on the boardwalk. Her peas went everywhere and she was instantly attacked by pigeons and sea gulls. Needless to say, there wasn't much cleanup and she snacked on the strays hidden in her seat all afternoon.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

sarah0323 responded:
A few years ago my DD wasn't feeling well. She was laying down in her bed when all of a sudden she came running through the living room. She was headed to the bathroom. She didn't quite make it. She ended up puking all over a pile of my shoes right outside of the living room. Needless to say I got several new pairs of shoes.

It's almost on a weekly basis that I think these kids can't make a bigger mess than what I just cleaned up but they never fail to amaze me how messy they are.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

VicsEandJ responded:
We are very messy/clumsy people so there is always something- but the worst in recent memory happened on Christmas night last year. The kids were sleeping. It was probably close to midnight. DH was in the kitchen cleaning up our wineglasses ( he does late night cleanup-I do early morning stuff). I heard DD coughing on the baby monitor so I went to our room- she was sleeping there because she wasn't feeling well. DD started coughing and I could tell she was abotu to puke ( she makes the same sound almost every time when she's puking because she's congested) so I grabbed her, and headed for the bathroom. We didnt' quite make it but she only puked onto the floor since I was holding her away from me and we had just gotten past the edge of the carpet. I yelled to DH to bring back something to clean up the mess with as I was taking her to the bathroom. As he was leaving the kitchen, he knocked over a bottle of olive oil that was on the counter. I was pretty full and glass and shattered all over the kitchen floor. So while I was helping DD, he started to clean up the olive oil mess and cut his foot on glass. So he comes back to the bathroom with his oily foot dripping blood.
So I had to get DD in new clothes- a little of her puke had gotten on her pjs, clean and bandage DH's foot- while he held DD who was awake and crying. Then we put DD back to sleep and went to tackle the ocean of olive oil on the kitchen floor- it is not an easy thing to celan up. after wiping it up with towels, I must have mopped the floor 4 times before it dodn't look greasy!

I have selectively forgotten many of DS's projectile vomiting and pooping incidents, though he once pooped all over his teacher at daycare when he was an infant- so much so that she had to go out and buy new clothes! It must have been a bondong moment because she still loves him.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to kc_94920's response:
Ha ha ha! Love that "exploding peas" happens to others! Coffee grounds are sooo gross to clean up - in my top least fave of kitchen messes.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Vics, I am sitting at my computer LOLing....I didn't even think about the body fluid messes. Hot yellow newborn poo from wrist to face is the first such incident that comes to mind....I had on a white turtleneck too!

iocasta responded:
I can't say we have had too many. He is neurotic about messes like his father. But here is a photo of Levi at about 10 months with cheerios that he spilled on the floor

Is there anything tastier than floor cheerios?

And here he is again at about 10 months, cleaning up a spaghetti spill.

VicsEandJ replied to iocasta's response:
THOSE PICTURES ARE FANTASTIC!

I think all of Levi's future girlfriends will love them-and they will know how good he is at cleaning up after himself! LOL!

iocasta replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Check this one out. He was almost 4 in this photo. He loves to vacuum.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to iocasta's response:
HA HA! Great pix! Send him over here - I could keep him busy with the sweeper for days....

baby1at35 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
There is a couple that stick in my mind. When the boys were about 1 1/2 and 2 ish yrs old I thought well I can go up to the bathroom real quick without them. It should be okay.
I didn't realize they could climb the kitchen cabinets ...And a lovely bottle of chocolate syrup was sitting. Yes you guessed it . By the time I got downstairs there was a trail of chocolate syrup through the house complete with little chocolate footprints. The boys were covered as well. I didn't have time for pictures as I put them in their cribs and had to get out of my nice light beige carpet chocolate syrup.
Yikes~
The next one was I left some baby powder out and thought 2 seconds to go get the clean laundry. The tv room and the boys were covered in powder. Have to say the room smelled like powder for quite awhile !
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

nursingbug replied to baby1at35's response:
I don't have anything quite as fantastic as all you- but the grossest thing that my dd did to me was a few months ago- she was having a coughing fit, so I had her in the bathroom steaming it up to help her cough- and she coughed so hard she threw up in my hands. I was very proud of myself though because I caught it all, and didn't need to clean the floor, or change her clothes!
It reminded me again of working in the hospital, where I would routinely get puked, peed, and pooped on... those were the days

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Let's see:

DD was sick and between the time I got home and the time I went to bed, I had to change my pants twice because she threw up on them.

On Mothers' Day of all days, DS came into our room super early (5:15a). I just thought it was his normal getting up and asked if he wanted me to lay down with him and he said yes. I gathered up my pillow and went to his room. As I was moving his stuffed animals, I realized the bed felt wet. I turned on the light and discoverd he had a bloody nose and his sheet and pillowcase (and him) had blood on them. Luckily it was still wet so I just threw everything in the wash and it came out.

When DS was younger, he threw up on his highchair tray and DH accidentally dropped the tray while I was getting DS out of the highchair. Not a fun mess to clean up.

VicsEandJ replied to iocasta's response:
Lucky woman!!! I mean you and the future Mrs. Levi!!!

kristinmarie722 responded:
Aww cute pics of Levi

I am still lurking here.....

Projectile vomit (hotdogs) in the car. From the backseat all the way to the front windshield. Caked into the speakers on the side of the door, carpet, vents, everything. It was bad. And it was the middle of winter... freezing cold to clean up. And of course it froze by the time I got Logan settled in and could come out and clean. I had to put some elbow grease into it. Ha ha.
DS- 7/4/2005

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.