Skip to content
Ice cream truck music banned - What would you ban?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Sounds like a community full of cranky seniors!

Town silences its ice cream trucks with ban on mobile 'noise'

I would like to ban leaf blowers, television commercials and property taxes...how about you?

Haylen

sarah0323 responded:
I tell my kids that when the ice cream truck plays music he is out of ice cream. The ice cream truck only comes through our town maybe once a summer.

I would love to ban personal property tax, property tax and commercials.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
Goodness. The ice cream truck comes through a few times and the boys got ice cream once. They still talk about it !
I would ban fireworks after 11pm on the 4th of july. I have such an issue over that holiday with my neighbors. They may change now that they have a baby!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
LOL....so funny!!! I told my girls it was a music truck for several years. There are tons of them in my area and at least 2 parked at every park and play area.

I would also ban mocking birds. Specifically the one that woke me up at 4 am today...

H

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to baby1at35's response:
HAHA! I bet your neighbors will change....New Year's Eve got much calmer in my neighborhood when babies started coming.

nursingbug replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I would ban noisy yard work before 10 am, popups on the computer that slow your computer down, and I would require at least 30 minutes of recess for every school day

laney0705 responded:
UGH! The ice cream man comes by us multiple times over the weekends and also nice days during the week. Drives me nuts. As soon as DS hears it he yells "ICE CREAM MAN" and then DD starts to go crazy too. He also thinks it's ok to volunteer me to pay for his friends ice cream too. WTH!?!

New rule this year is he has to buy his own ice cream if he wants it.

When I was little my dad had some words with the ice cream man and he never came back to our street. Not sure what he said but with 6 kids I wouldn't want him coming around either.
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.