Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rent a husband Sandra
Anon_2861 posted:
Thanks so much for the post Sandra & Peeps I believe I may be staring down the road of Single Mom too. T reminds meof how much I can do on my own. I use gloves tong & a plastic bag for dead mice. I wonder everyday if I should just bite the bullet & seperate. Hehas worked away from Home a bunch lately & I think maybe I can do it

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
(((hugs))) to whoever you are! This community is here for you....

Sandra is an amazing inspiration for me. All the moms here help keep everything in perspective and never fail to make me laugh.

I know that I"m "paid to be here" as I am the WebMD moderator but finding this community has been one of the best perks of my job. I'm even here on my days off

I had to google "rent a husband" to see if anyone had taken advantage of a great name for a company - YUP! http://www.rentahusband.com/

No mention of dead mice pick up, however.

Haylen

baby1at35 responded:
((HUGS))) Most of us in the single parent role are not here by choice. Something in our life happened and here we are.
I will say through my journey I have discovered that I can depend on myself more than I realized. I attempt things that I would have never dreamed of doing.
Is it tough somedays? Absolutely.
But you find the inner strength everyday by looking at those little ones knowing they need you and forging on.
I am truly sorry about your marriage I know that this decision will be hard.
Hang in there....
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

VicsEandJ responded:
My mom was a single mom, sort ofby choice. She more than once 'I may have been dumb enough to have 2 kids with your father, but I wasn't dumb enough to marry him' ( she truned dwon my grnadpa's offer to arrange a shotgunwedding- I come form a long line of crazy!

But seriously, I agree with Haylenthat Sandra is amazing and I tell DH he should thank her because it reminds me to appreciate him!

But for anyone who decides to go it alone, it can be done. My DH is great and helpful, but where wouldmy famiy be without me- I wonder this when DH seems to have no idea about everyday routine things like were we keep stuff!

I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't separate, but if you think you should, I agree with Sabdra about inner strength.

((HUGS))

kristinmarie722 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Chiming in

When I deceided to leave Logan's dad I was so scared. I didnt want the stigma of being an unwed, single mom. I was scared to do it on my own. How was I going to pay the bills? Could I handle it all on my own? But I knew I TRIED everything to make it work. To me, I didnt want my son to grow up and think it was okay to act like how his dad was acting. And I was mostly doing it on my own anyways. I was getting ready to turn 29 and I thought, do I want to wake up at 40 and this be my life? I am still young, I shouldnt live this way.
It was hard at first. Man that first winter was pure heck. I was poor, Logan was upset about everything and acting out, I was lonely. I could go on. But I worked through it.

Then I met my now fiance. And I was like oooh this is how you're supposed to be treated. Even if I wouldnt have met him, I was happier being single then being with my son's dad.

And I had to learn to do a ton of things on my own and suck it up and take care of all the sucky things, but it has only made me stronger and more proud of myself.

Good luck and (((HUGS))) these are not easy choices.
DS- 7/4/2005

Spotlight: Member Stories

Getting married in 3 weeks to my hunny who ive been with for 6 years. We have a soon to be 5 year old son together, and we are expecting baby number 2...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.