Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fireworks Poll
sarah0323 posted:
It's almost time for the 4th of July. This got me to thinking what everyone else does for fire works.

Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year?

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display?

Are fireworks allowed where you live?

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid?
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

sarah0323 responded:
Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year? No

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display? Yes

Are fireworks allowed where you live? Yes starting June 27th to July 5th

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid? Yes

We had a close call with a champaine popper last year. One kids shot it at another and after a trip to ER I just won't buy them any more. It isn't worth it.

This year we gave the kids some options instead of buying fireworks/fire crackers. They are going to take the money that they have been saving to buy a trampoline along with what we would have given them for fireworks. It actually occured to them that they would have something to show for their money after the 4th was over. Now I only need to worry about the Dr. bills for the trampoline injuries.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

UKbluegirl2 replied to sarah0323's response:
Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year? Nope, the younger two are still scared of them and Ava doesn't exactly love them.

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display? We may go downtown to the 4th festival....I want to run the 10k but can't get anyone to run it with me.

Are fireworks allowed where you live? Yes, certain ones.

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid? My uncles drove to TN on the 4th and got the 'good' fireworks every year. It was a great time!!

Sarah, we will be at the ER with you. We set up our trampoline 2 weeks ago. So far, so good on the injuries.

crunk05177 responded:
We only do sparklers on our own. We go down the block and watch other people do them. In NY they are actually completely illegal...to buy, sell, have, or to put off.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

sarahdear responded:
Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year? Not likely, maybe a few sparklers/snakes

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display? Probably, we usually go somewhere, we have about 5 or 6 to choose from within a 20 minute drive spread over multiple days

Are fireworks allowed where you live? well, they sell them, so I guess so? They didn't sell them the first year we were here but now they sell them everywhere

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid? Sometimes, it was illegal where we lived so we would do a few small ones and get a few loudspeaker reminders from the cops...
Sarah 32, DH 38, DS 6, DD 4

baby1at35 responded:
Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year? A few of the little ones

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display? No there are plenty in my neighborhood and surrounding ones

Are fireworks allowed where you live?yes

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid?yes we lived on a farm so we did a lot of them!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

tbkittycat responded:
Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year? Probably. We might go to my parents' house for the day.

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display? Nope. We've done that in the past pre-kids.

Are fireworks allowed where you live? Yep.

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid? Yep. My dad and brother were "in charge" of lighting them.

Last year was funny. My parents were out of the country so we were on our own. We lit fireworks and at first, DD was scared but after a bit, realized they were pretty cool and was okay. DS ran and stood by the porch and watched them and then went in the house and watched them from the front window.

kc_94920 responded:
No.

Hopefully, we will watch them from our front yard. They shoot off a spectacular display along Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. We're directly across from the city so have a great view, assuming the fog stays away.

No.

Yes, but they were outlawed by the time I was 8 or so.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

cyn22mull responded:
Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year? No.

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display? Yes

Are fireworks allowed where you live? In the state we live in Yes, but our neighborhood does not allow them.

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid? Yep.
Cindy 36, DH 40, DS 4

cinder44 responded:
Are you going to be shooting off fireworks this year? DH will & the kids will do sparklers

Are you going to go some place and watch a fireworks display? Yes, we have 3 cities that set them off on different nights in each city. Not sure we'll make it to them all though.

Are fireworks allowed where you live? Yes the legal ones you can buy in the store, have to go to OH or south to get the good ones

Did you shoot fireworks off when you were a kid? some-snakes, blooming flowers, sparklers
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather (29) and have been married for about 6 1/2 years to my DH (32). We got married on our 8th anniversary. We have two beautiful boys. ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.