Skip to content
Garden!
baby1at35 posted:
Just ate the first few cucumbers from my garden ! Yum!!!!
I have tons of tomatoes, peppers on there.
It is tough though as I have to water almost every day with this heat.
It only gets morning sun and afternoon is shade so that helps.
Been a tough year keeping it all watered.
How is everyone's gardens doing?
I think I will go off to the farmers market tommorow.
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

sarah0323 responded:
We have had a few cucumbers, tomatoes and a lot of green peppers. We got a fair amount of snow peas this year. This weekend I will be digging new potatoes I have been watering every other day. I'm not really sure how much longer I'm going to keep watering. It has just been to hot and dry here. We have already had 12 days of 100 plus temps here. We are supposed to cool down to 92 on Sunday.

I'll be headed to the farmer's market as well.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

iocasta responded:
We have been eating cukes and cherry tomatoes from my small kitchen garden for a couple of weeks now plus using all kinds of herbs. I'm going to make a batch of bread and butter pickles this weekend because I have so many cukes. I have several eggplants ready to be picked and a couple of sweet peppers that just need to redden up. I have been hand watering my veggie garden religously everyday unless we have gotten some rain. My other gardens get watered by sprinkler once or twice a week. I'll hit our small neighborhood farmers' market on Sunday for veggies for the week.

Mom2Emma23 responded:
Our tomatoes are slowly but surely turning red..we have bell peppers and hot peppers too. Our squash is almost done and we got a TON ...too much to keep up with.
Luckily we installed a drip watering system so watering has been easy, I wouldn't have been able to keep up otherwise.
Sarah, Dh, Emma (5), Delilah (born still at 21 weeks) March 5 2012

cinder44 responded:
DH has planted tomatoes, green peppers, peas, green beans, 1 zucchini plant, cucumbers & leaf lettuce. He has the green thumb not me but i am helping water it. The cucumbers aren't doing that well - it must be the heat.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather (29) and have been married for about 6 1/2 years to my DH (32). We got married on our 8th anniversary. We have two beautiful boys. ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.