Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Would you go to a "4D" film?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Article in the Los Angeles Times about 4-D movies that have equipment in the theater that will move seats, emit scents and perform other special effects .

Apparently the films are selling out in Mexico - people love it.

I say PASS on this - sounds like an amusement park ride - and if my hair was blown out, I'd be really irritated to get sprayed with water. Can't imagine how much the ticket prices would go up!

What do you think?

Haylen

iocasta responded:
I took Levi to a 4 D showing of the Polar Express when he was about 3 yrs old. I didn't know what 4D was at the time. I have to say I found it distracting to say the least and it is a bit like a amusement park ride. We aren't fans of 3D in this family, Levi in particular, so yes I'll pass on 4D.

baby1at35 responded:
We went to a 7D movie on our vacation.

Seats moved , smoke sprayed, creatures sprang out we got to shoot them. Felt like we were on trains, boats , water ect.
It really is a lot of fun. No spraying water though!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

UKbluegirl2 replied to baby1at35's response:
Pretty sure that would be too much for us....

My children are pretty timid.

Going to the movies has become such a huge production and so expensive. Just too much IMO.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.