Skip to content
Scented products...are you a fan?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
The article I read about 4-D movies (which can puff out smells to the audience) made me think about how sensitive I am to smells.

I went to a friends house yesterday and she had a plug in air freshener. Maybe it was just that particular smell (lavender) but I hated it! Couldn't wait to get out in the fresh air - if Los Angeles air can be considered fresh - ha, ha!

I don't use any kind of smell in my house except for a vanilla candle once in a while.

How about you - do you use fabreeze, scented candles or potpourri, bathroom sprays or other types of smell-good products in your house?

H

baby1at35 responded:
I do not like those plug in type /glade type air freshners. They are horrible. I do like scented oils and candles but not a strong overpowering type scent.
I do love perfumes /colognes ect. but not if they are strongly applied.
But I do have a very strong sense of smell . My late DH used to always wonder how in the world I smelled something that took him forever to smell. So I am always around sniffing to make sure stuff doesn't stink..haha!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

UKbluegirl2 replied to baby1at35's response:
With 3 children under 6 in our house, we have a lot of smells! j/k.

But seriously, I prefer the smell of the dryer after a fresh load of aundry or the faint smell after the dishwasher has ran. I really love the smell of our hardwood floor cleaner.

Ava has gotten into a candle kick. She has to buy everyone a candle for whatever the current occassion. I got one for Mother's Day, DH got one for Father's Day. I like candles because you can turn them off. Not a fan of all the Glade type stuff. Sprays give me the heebies, I can just see my kids breathing in that stuff!

iocasta responded:
I'm sensitive to scents so we don't use any scented products in our house.

mrswhitecastle responded:
I hate scented sprays. Febreeze is the only one I can stand. The rest of them make me want to gag.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
Cristopher is very sensitive to scents. We don't use them in our house. Perfume and cologne are even iffy for him. I love scented candles but we can no longer use them.

I lost my sense of smell about 3 years ago so I don't even notice any more what anything smells like.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

cinder44 responded:
I don't mind scents in my home but I don't like flowery scents. I like vanilla, apple cinnamon. I mostly use these in our bedroom or private bath. And there is nothing like a clean bathroom smell.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful