Waxing special for girls under 15! (photo)
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
This story is blowing up on the internets: http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2012/07/09/salons-waxing-discount-for-girls-under-15-stirs-up-controversy/

A salon is offering 50% off all waxing services for girls 15 and under. Photo of ad below.

I think the ad is completely inappropriate with a girl in a bikini. However, it looks like my girls are going to have totally hairy legs, arms and faces like me. My mom took me for electrolysis when I was a kid and I appreciated it. I might consider letting my girls wax their legs as opposed to shaving.

What do you think? Would you let your under 15 year old go for waxing treatment?

Haylen

p.s. The salon said they get parental permission and don't do "Brazilian wax" on kids!

sarah0323 responded:
My daughter is 13 and we go together to get our eye brows waxed. She has really dark hair. She had a uni-brow. She asked me one day as I was getting mine done.

I'm not sure how I feel about other waxing at this point. She isn't interested and has never asked. When/If she does I will cross that bridge when we get to it. She started shaving her legs about 2 years ago.

I think the picture in the ad is inappropriate.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

iocasta responded:
I am reminded yet again why I am glad I don't have girl. But I have to say, I would love to have Levi's monobrow waxed.

baby1at35 replied to iocasta's response:
I really do not have the words. No wonder we are all lacking in self confidence. We are not perfect.
I wonder how all this "have to be perfect" is affecting our girls and boys for that matter. UGH
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

UKbluegirl2 replied to baby1at35's response:
I was a hairy girl, still am if I don't shave. It didn't kill me. There is no way on earth either of my girls will be getting anything other than eyebrows waxed under my watch with my dollar.

Mia also sports a nice unibrow at 2yo. I tell DH she takes after our fav UK now NBA basketball player, Davis. "Fear the brow!"

kc_94920 responded:
I can see why the ad bothers people and while I wouldn't allow my DD to model for that I'm not phased by the fact that hairy young ladies and their mothers would find waxing appealing.

My girls, like myself, are fair skinned with very light blond body hair. I'm not hairy at all but shave regularly and have my brows shaped/waxed 4 times a year --I'm thinking the girls will do about the same. If at puberty they were really hairy, I would not have a problem with waxing if they asked.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)