Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
There goes my day.....
mrswhitecastle posted:
I had a nice day planned. We were going to meet my Mom, go shopping, and eat lunch out. We loaded up the car - and - it wouldn't start. Great.

DH's on his way home from work, and we are hoping it's just the battery. In any case, hopefully it won't cost too much....
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Ruh Rho!

This has happened several times to me - we have AAA and a really nice guy came and jumped the car.

Sending "cheap/easy" vibes your way!

baby1at35 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Uh oh. Hope it is an easy fix and you can still get some of your day in !
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

crunk05177 responded:
You are the second person I "know" that that happened to today!! I hope it is just the battery!
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

tbkittycat responded:
Back on the 4th of July, me and the kids were heading to grandma's for the day (DH had to work and would meet us there later). On the way, I realized my speedometer wasn't working and it wasn't shifting gears (it's an automatic). I pulled into a parking lot and called my dad. He came and bought some transmission fluid in case that's what the problem was (don't know how that would have fixed the speedometer but whatever). Didn't work so I followed him home. Luckily, my parents' neighbor works on cars and agreed to look at it. $160 later it was fixed. Don't know what we would have doen without my parents' neighbor as it would have cost at least 3x that at a shop.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to tbkittycat's response:
I hope you baked him some cookies!

My grandma always said "Every family needs one car mechanic and one lawyer"

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.