Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Packing food for beach trip?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
The 7 year old is going to the beach with her camp tomorrow - they will be gone 8:30 am - 5 pm. No place to buy food so I've got to pack her up with lunch/snacks for the whole day.

Any suggestions?

H

iocasta responded:
Every Wednesday is field trip day at Levi's camp and I have to pack a completely disposable lunch. This is what I pack for the day: a jam sandwich (the only kind of sandwich he will eat, at least it is homemade jam), a snack size bag of Pirate Booty, carrot and cucumber sticks, grapes or apple slices (coated with a little lemon juice to keep from browning), a clif fruit twist, a Little Debbie oatmeal pie, a caprisun juice pouch and a bottle of water.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to iocasta's response:
You are awesome!

Thanks for the details - I love me some Little Debbie!

tbkittycat responded:
How about some string cheese as well? Goldfish crackers. Graham crackers.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to tbkittycat's response:
It's 4 pm - the bus will get back around 6 - I want to see her now and hear about her day! I already called the park and they confirmed no one drowned, was eaten by a shark or was kidnapped

Steph, I couldn't find those little debbies! Darn!

For her I packed:
String Cheese
Snack bag of pirate booty
graham crackers
6 inch turkey/cheese wheat bread Subway sandwich
cut up carrots/snap peas
banana
apple
small bottle of lemonaid
a ton of water.

Her backpack weighed almost as much as she did!!!!

Anon_130687 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for all of these suggestions. My children start school at the end of the month and I have to pack lunches every morning.

Anyone else pack a lunch (or two or three) every day for school?

crunk05177 replied to Anon_130687's response:
I pack my son lunch every morning for school. I would rather him not eat the nasty school food. I give him a sandwich, juice, a fruit and another snack that is a little "junky" like pretzels, goldfish, crackers, etc.

He also has snack where he gets water and fruit.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.