Skip to content
Advice please!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
I'm taking a day off next week!

We were invited to the set of Cupcake Wars - Hubby and I are taking off work, very excited. The producer's daughter was in 1st grade with my 7 year old. We're going at 10:15, will be given a tour, will watch one round of baking and one round of judging.

QUESTION: Do we take the 4 year old too? She has school that day - we could just keep it on the down low and make it an outing with the big kid.

What would you do?

sarah0323 responded:
I would just make it a special day for the big kid. I know my older kids love it when they get 1 on 1 parent time.

If you did thake the 4YO would you be able to enjoy yourself and actually watch it or would you be up and down to the potty several times? I know for me Colby would get bored really quickly and he would want to go before it would be over.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)
Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
Yup, you're right. My husband just reminded me about taking her to the movies. Even Madagascar, which she loved, had us taking time walking around in the lobby.

And I don't want to miss a second (or a bite)

Thanks Sarah!
kc_94920 responded:
Nah, let her stay in school, it will be better in the long run for everyone. My kids absolutely love their one-on-one time with me but if they score a solo date with both DH and I---well, that's even better!! Have fun!!
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)
Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to kc_94920's response:
Thanks KC!

I hope to have photos but the "non disclosure contract" that we have to sign might prevent it...


Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

my son is soon to be 5 and me and my husband thinks he has undecended testicles.
when my son was about 1 our doctor thought my son had undescended testicles and sent us to a specialist. The specialist said he was find ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.