Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How was the weekend?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My 7 year old competed in the citywide swim meet in Los Angeles - at the Olympic pool down by USC. It was so fun - she swam her heart out!

We were at a pool party last night - a 5 year old girl pointed to my 4 year old and said "Are you her mommy?" Yes. "Well, you look like a grandma!" OUCH. I'm fine with my kids commenting on my "muffin top" or "chin wiskers" but coming from a random kid?!?? Came home and put on the anti-aging mask!

We went to breakfast in Santa Monica and ended up in the middle of a Harikrishna parade! Guys in long skirts with shaved heads kept trying to hand my kids some sort of rice krispy treat wrapped in plastic. NO THANKS. I had to answer 1,000 questions and had to Wikipedia to find out what is was all about.

We find out my daughters 2nd grade teacher tomorrow! How is that possible??

How was your weekend?

Haylen

mrswhitecastle responded:
B.U.S.Y.

But, we got the house in shape for the appraisor this morning. Phew! It's so nice to sit in a totally clean house. Plus, I finally cleared the junk out of the dining room, so it looks nice and pretty again. I wonder how long it will last......

This is our last week of Summer break. I'm trying to fit in all of their favorite things to do this week. Maybe I'll make myself so tired, that I'll be ready for them to go to school next week.

I'm with you -- how in the world can they be going to 2nd grade? And what am I going to do with my "baby" in Kindergarten????
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

cinder44 responded:
Not too busy, it was good. Got a lot of cleaning done & our deck is pressure washed & ready to stain.

This week we have our county's 4H fair to visit. The kids love all the animals & we like to go to the tractor pulls.

We have about 2 weeks until we meet my DC's kindergarten teacher(I requested they be in the same room). Then about 3 weeks until their first day. The time will fly by too fast, I am getting nervous(for me & them!) .
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm the mom to a wonderful 6 year old boy (PJ) and a beautiful 4 year old girl (Kylee). I'm a step-mom to four kids as we...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.