Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Summer Homework
mrswhitecastle posted:
So, are we the only ones who waited until the last week to do the Summer homework? I wish I would have looked at how much there actually was. We might have started over the weekend.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 responded:
We did not have summer homework, thank goodness. Was this between first and second grade?

I actually JUST cleaned out DD's backpack from last year. Found a birthday invitation in there (oops) but luckily they were friends and mom sent me a text about the party beforehand. We went out and got school supplies yesterday. Lily needs clothes and shoes but we are holding off until we have money coming in again. I told her to stop growing until mommy could afford to buy her t-shirts without pudding stains all over them. Luckily around here we can wear our summer clothes well into the fall so she won't be totally lost.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

crunk05177 responded:
We were given an optional packet to do over the summer. I have had Michael do quite a few of them but not nearly enough. I told him he has to give them to his teacher the first day of school but that was obviously not true haha! We don't start until after Labor Day so we still have a good 4 weeks to do more.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Anon_130687 replied to crunk05177's response:
Nope. Nothing. I had her read to me occasionally but we didn't do any writing or math.

I am feeling very, very anxious.

sarah0323 responded:
We worked on what the teacher sent home at the end of the school year. We don't have to return it though. Today in the mail though we got about 15 pages that he is going to have to take in when they go to school.

15 pages isn't that much in a week but it is going to be getting him to do it.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
Not as much as we probably should have. It was tough keeping up with everything. We don't have to hand in and different school so who knows?
I had them keep up on reading /math ect.
But honestly didn't push it we had fun and learned on our adventures.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.