Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mortifying mammogram
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Tip of the day - don't turn 40!

I had my annual mammo today and for some reason I really get worked up about it. First, got all queasy and had to sit with head between legs. Then lay down with cool washrag. Then have juice and granola bar.

I was able to stand and complete both sides but there were 2 nurses behind me as "catchers" in case I passed out.

I'm so glad this is behind me for another 365 days - no idea why I have this reaction - anyone else have similar reactions?

Haylen

cinder44 responded:
My baseline was a couple of years ago. But I just scheduled my second one for September. I don't remember my first one being bad at all but I have lost some breast tissue while losing weight so we will see.

I hope you feel better now that it's over.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

tbkittycat responded:
I've had 3 mammograms and have never had a similar reaction. I'm not exactly thrilled to have the girls smashed between a piece of metal and a piece of plastic but I'm okay.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.