Skip to content
Start of School
mrswhitecastle posted:
I'm having a pretty rough time this year with school starting. Elizabeth is starting Kindergarten, so I won't have anyone home with me anymore!!!!

I'm sure others are feeling the same way, so I was hoping we could post about the POSITIVES of school starting to help us feel better.

- They will have fun at school.
- Cooler weather will be on the way.
- I can go shopping without any "helpers".
- The house will stay cleaner.
- We can get back on a schedule, which will make cooking/eating healthier.

Anything else to add?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
I'm really looking forward to a cleaner house. My SO and I just had this discussion this weekend. He is ready for them to go back. He told me that he is ready for a vacation or more than just an hour a day where he can do something without having to clean up a mess that mysteriously just appeared. (No one ever knows how it happened.)

-They are going to learn so much.
- They will have fun and experience so much this year.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

crunk05177 replied to sarah0323's response:
I am ready for the consistency....
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Stephensmom1214 responded:
Stephen LOVES school, so I'm pretty glad he'll start Kindergarten on Friday. But here are some more positives:

- Cleaner house
- More ME time
- I can go back to the GYM!
- He learns so much and has such a great time.
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

seeit2 responded:
Wow, Elizabeth is 5....time flies.

My almost-3 year old seriously needs a break from his bossy big sister! So hopefully some sibling harmony will be coming up. I miss having just my little guy and I knocking around together so it will b e nice to have that back. Also, I don't know about you guys but DD has spent the ENTIRE summer asking me questions non-stop...I'm happy to send her to another adult to quiz for awhile!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 responded:
I have such mixed emotions this year about the boys going back to school. It is strange to me. We had a great summer. I am ready for a schedule yet will miss our summer. It has been fun.

-The boys are very ready for the challenge at school
-The boys need a break from each other and to have their own friends ect.
-My house needs some attention /organization and I will have a bit of time to do that before my PT job starts in Sept.
-I could take 2 classes in a row at the gym! (I could if I wanted haha!)
-We will start a new school with new adventures and we are all a little excited and nervous
-I can apply for more jobs and go to interviews without having to get a sitter.
But all that said the house will be quiet
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

cinder44 responded:
Although I work FT & the kids are in daycare all day, I am not ready for my DC to start Kindergarten. It is amazing how fast these first years have gone by.

I am not looking forward to the hectic-ness that is coming with homework & after school stuff that is coming with 2 kids.

The positives will be
  • the things they will learn
  • earlier bed time(hopefully)
  • getting to know new friends
  • getting involved in sports
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful