Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Start of School
mrswhitecastle posted:
I'm having a pretty rough time this year with school starting. Elizabeth is starting Kindergarten, so I won't have anyone home with me anymore!!!!

I'm sure others are feeling the same way, so I was hoping we could post about the POSITIVES of school starting to help us feel better.

- They will have fun at school.
- Cooler weather will be on the way.
- I can go shopping without any "helpers".
- The house will stay cleaner.
- We can get back on a schedule, which will make cooking/eating healthier.

Anything else to add?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
I'm really looking forward to a cleaner house. My SO and I just had this discussion this weekend. He is ready for them to go back. He told me that he is ready for a vacation or more than just an hour a day where he can do something without having to clean up a mess that mysteriously just appeared. (No one ever knows how it happened.)

-They are going to learn so much.
- They will have fun and experience so much this year.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

crunk05177 replied to sarah0323's response:
I am ready for the consistency....
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Stephensmom1214 responded:
Stephen LOVES school, so I'm pretty glad he'll start Kindergarten on Friday. But here are some more positives:

- Cleaner house
- More ME time
- I can go back to the GYM!
- He learns so much and has such a great time.
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

seeit2 responded:
Wow, Elizabeth is 5....time flies.

My almost-3 year old seriously needs a break from his bossy big sister! So hopefully some sibling harmony will be coming up. I miss having just my little guy and I knocking around together so it will b e nice to have that back. Also, I don't know about you guys but DD has spent the ENTIRE summer asking me questions non-stop...I'm happy to send her to another adult to quiz for awhile!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 responded:
I have such mixed emotions this year about the boys going back to school. It is strange to me. We had a great summer. I am ready for a schedule yet will miss our summer. It has been fun.

-The boys are very ready for the challenge at school
-The boys need a break from each other and to have their own friends ect.
-My house needs some attention /organization and I will have a bit of time to do that before my PT job starts in Sept.
-I could take 2 classes in a row at the gym! (I could if I wanted haha!)
-We will start a new school with new adventures and we are all a little excited and nervous
-I can apply for more jobs and go to interviews without having to get a sitter.
But all that said the house will be quiet
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

cinder44 responded:
Although I work FT & the kids are in daycare all day, I am not ready for my DC to start Kindergarten. It is amazing how fast these first years have gone by.

I am not looking forward to the hectic-ness that is coming with homework & after school stuff that is coming with 2 kids.

The positives will be
  • the things they will learn
  • earlier bed time(hopefully)
  • getting to know new friends
  • getting involved in sports
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.