Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
*sigh* school perception
baby1at35 posted:
So 1st grade last year for Henry was pretty rough. You all knew my on going saga with the teacher/school and how I did get some changes done.
Henry was always my kid that loved school...every part of it. The learning, challenges, social aspects.
Last year has changed his perception and that is exactly what I had tried to avoid.
He is not excited at all about school this year.
We meet the teachers on Thurs. night at his new school. I hope we can turn this around and he can be my happy, curious, excited child again.
It makes me so sad that he has this perception of school now as a place of dread instead of learning, fun, ect. I know not every day will be perfect but I hope that he finds his excitement again.
Tre is excited (in his laid back kind of way!) and I feel a bit nervous about changing schools.
Anyway just wondering if your kids are excited or kind of non chalant?
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

mrswhitecastle responded:
Hopefully after you meet the teachers things will be better. I know it made a huge difference in my girls' attitudes. They were both so much more excited afterwards. Elizabeth was still a bit nervous, which was to be expected.

That anticipation for the first day can be brutal, too. We all feel so much better now that the first day is over.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

baby1at35 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Finally got clarification that I didn't get the job. They had the wrong job listed in my rejection email. Geez.
Anyway onward and upward..

baby1at35 replied to baby1at35's response:
  • whoops * this should have been posted on my other topic ~
  •  
    laney0705 responded:
    Ryder is not looking forward to going to school. He keeps saying he doesn't want to go. He absolutelyl loved kindergarten and his teacher. He knows that 1st grade will be way different and not as much "playing". I've talked to him and that's what he tells me, b/c he won't be able to "play". I told him that he will still have recess/play time with friends but he's just not happy about going to 1st grade. Hoping that once it starts he'll feel differently.
    Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm the mom to a wonderful 6 year old boy (PJ) and a beautiful 4 year old girl (Kylee). I'm a step-mom to four kids as we...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
    Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
    Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.