Skip to content
Start Saving for Braces
mrswhitecastle posted:
Elizabeth lost her front 2 bottom teeth today! She wanted to watch in the mirror as DH pulled them out. They were so loose, it didn't take much.

The permanent teeth have already come up behind the baby teeth, and they make a "V". Braces are defintely in her future.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

baby1at35 responded:
Hopefully they straighten out ! I had braces so we shall see. Henry has another tooth hanging there but won't let it go
Tre's front tooth has been loose all summer but is not coming out. His bottom 2 teeth are tight. He is getting impatient for a tooth fairy visit.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

kc_94920 responded:
The good news is that new teeth often straighten up a bit once they fully erupt and come into place so it may not be as bad as it seems.

DD1 is finishing her first 1-year round of braces and gets them off in September. She has an impacted eye tooth so will need to have them put back on in a year or two but for now she's happy to have a perfect tween smile. DS will get his panoramic x-ray in January (to check in on the permenant pre-molars and eye teeth) and will get a pallate expander soon after. He has a tiny mouth and no so tiny front teeth trying to grow in. By the time all that is done DD2 will be losing her perfect baby teeth and we get to do it all again....
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

BekahS responded:
I have to post....I've been the treatment coordinator/head assistant at an orthodontic office for 8 years next month!

Kids love braces when they start younger (10 or so). It seems "cool." Elizabeth will probably be delighted with the fact that braces are in her future.

My only saving grace is if I stay at my current job the kids braces are free. But I'd have to be here longer than I plan

kc_94920 replied to BekahS's response:
I agree--DD was pretty excited. She had a lower retainer put in at 8 1/2 years old and the braces put on just after turning 9. It also didn't hurt that 6 or 7 of the 15 girls in her class got braces within a month or two of her. Their class pic is pretty hysterical!
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

mrswhitecastle replied to BekahS's response:
So I know that the price probably varies greatly depending on what all needs to be done. Do you know what the average price range is, though, for braces? Are we looking at a couple of thousand dollars?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
For my DD's we will pay a total of $4200.00. If we continue with the same ortho we get a discount for each additional child.

As an adult I had to have orthodontics and surgery on my jaw. We ended up paying over $10,000.00 total.

My dental insurance does not pay for orthodontics for any reason. It is all out of pocket for us.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

mrswhitecastle replied to sarah0323's response:
Yikes! Man, kids are expensive!!!!!
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who started Pre-k in August and Landon 2 y/o (11-12-08) who loves hav...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.