Skip to content
1st day of school !
baby1at35 posted:
It is soooo quiet in the house! I did turbo kick class and have errands this afternoon. The boys were very excited for the first day.
I can also tell you it is sooo different (in a good way) than our old school. I feel I did make the right decision. 300 less kids K-6th.
Just "feels" completely different.
Can't wait to hear about the boys first day of school.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am so happy for all three of you! This is going to be a great year

If your kids are like mine, getting them to talk about their day is like pulling teeth.

A friend taught me the best way to start them talking - Ask "Who got in trouble today?"

Perhaps it's negative, but it opens the floodgates every time

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!! Post photos!

Haylen

tbkittycat replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
My mom found we were eager to talk on the way home from school and less likely later in the day. I guess because she was concentrating on the road so she wasn't looking directly at us that made us more at ease.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to tbkittycat's response:
Ahhhh...that's a good theory! I'm going to try that today. Usually, the 7 year old is too busy whining about being hot and hungry to ask about her day!

mrswhitecastle replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
It used to be like pulling teeth to get anything out of them. Now that they are at the same school, it's much easier. It's like they are competing to see who can talk the most. I never thought competition between them would turn out to be good for me.

Sandra, let us know how their day went! It sounds like this school is much better for all of you.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
It is still like pulling teeth for me to find out how their day went. I guess I get home to late for them to want to talk about it. By the time I get home they just hand me the agenda and home work to sign.

Sandra..Hope the boys had a great first day!!
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
They had a great first day! They were so excited I didn't even ask about their day as they were already telling me.
The traffic there is nothing like we had at our other school. I do not have to go so early to sit and wait forever!
I am very happy I made the change. The parents are super friendly as well.
Looking forward to a great year !
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to baby1at35's response:
Yippee!!!! Do you park and walk in to get them?

We have a drop off line in the morning but after school it's a fight for parking then I usually end up sprinting in my flip flops to the classroom so I'm not late. It's stressful but I count it as cardio

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.