Skip to content
Yogurt
mrswhitecastle posted:
Has anyone ever made their own yogurt?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
I haven't. My MIL has made it though.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

seeit2 responded:
I have, both soy yogurt and cow's milk. It was never very sweet but once I get the hang of it it was not too hard - are you going to try it? Have you done it already?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
I haven't done it, but I've been researching on the net. It looks like the hard part is just making sure your temps are right.

I've recently fallen in love with the taste/texture of Greek yogurt, but it's so expensive! Plus, whenever Elizabeth sees me eating yogurt, she wants her own, too. It's so hard to get the girls to eat protein, I'd like us all to eat it more often.

I just need someone to tell me it's not that hard to make.....
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
If I can do it, anyone can lol. I like mine really thick like Greek yogurt too and I found that adding dry milk powder really thickened it up. Don't know what it did for the calorie count but the texture was nice.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.