Skip to content
ER again! (photo)
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
4 year old fell backwards off a ladder on the playground. Off to the ortho guy tomorrow for another x-ray and recasting. She was not happy about a navy cast - hoping they have pink or purple tomorrow or I might have to get out the bedazzler.

For those of you keeping track at home this is ER visit number THREE this summer Happy and healthy weekend to you all - Haylen

sarah0323 responded:
Oh No. Here's hoping she heals quickly. I have had my fair share of ER visits over the years. I also hope that they have a pink or purple cast. It won't be any fun having to go all those weeks with something she hates. How long do they think she will have to wear a cast?

So far (knock on wood) we haven't had to have one this summer. A few years ago it seemed like every other week I was taking someone in for stiches. I actually was afraid someone would think that I was hurting my kids. My dr. told me that kids who play outside will get hurt more than kids who don't but it is good for them to play. So they continue to play outside and we continue to pay the dr. bills.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
We'll find out more about the cast today. They are taking off that depressing one and redoing x-rays.

A few people have made "do we need to call Child Protective Services?" jokes! It's kind of hard for me to laugh at that, you know? Good to hear about the "play outside" statistic!

My health spending account credit card is worn slick. I couldn't even make out the date last time I used it. Yeah for health insurance!

Have a great weekend Sarah!

mrswhitecastle replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Poor thing! Hopefully she'll at least get a cast she likes today.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

kc_94920 responded:
Poor baby! I hope today goes swell for both of you. My middle one broke his arm as a toddler and responded pretty well once the hard cast was on. DD1 injured her wrist playing tennis this spring and we decided to go the brace route (versus a hard cast) since summer was upon us but it has not healed as well as it would have if it had been completely immobilized.

Here's to daredevil 4-year olds!!!!
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to kc_94920's response:
Hey KC - Who is that in your profile pic?? CUTE!

kc_94920 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
My littlest one, Coco. She's 4 going on 14 and despite being the biggest daredevil ever, she is one of the luckiest kids on the planet and constantly defies injury.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to kc_94920's response:
She is too cute! And I love the name.

Went to the ortho yesterday - she has a buckle fracture and needs cast for 2 weeks, brace for two weeks.

At least she got pink! (photo below) And, it can get wet! She went swimming last night - we just had to rinse it off and dry with a hairdryer set on cool. I asked the doc 3 times - "Are you sure she can go swimming?!?!" It just doesn't seem right! (but no soapy bathtub water, lake or beach)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Mom of two adorable munchkins. Crystal, 9-15-06, and Aiden, 5-12-10. My DH, Chad, is the light of my life, and helps try to keep me sane. :D...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.