Firtst day of kindergarten tomorrow
cinder44 posted:
I am sad it is the end of them being babies! I know it is time for them to grow up & show me what they can learn & do. But it is a bittersweet moment. Time to move on to being school agers. No more staying up late, doing things late on a Sunday night or staying home with Dad on a Monday(no skipping school!).

I hope I don't cry in front of them. They said I'm not allowed to.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

mrswhitecastle responded:
How did it go? Were there any tears?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Update please!!!!

seeit2 responded:
Awww..that is sweet. I hope they had a great first day. I hope mommy made it through all right.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

sarah0323 responded:
I hope they had a great first day!!! How did mommy do?
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

cinder44 responded:
Sorry got really busy at work!

The first day was great and not too many tears from me! Although I still tear up now & then(does that go away?). I was kind of depressed for a few days, I slacked on my eating & exercising & kind of let myself wallow in it. It is sad that we can no longer so whatever we want. But I am feeling better about this new chapter of their lives that we are beginning.

I think they are really tired though. DS had a grumpy attitude yesterday when I picked them up from daycare just as they got outside to play. Then a total meltdown when he forgot his backpack & lunch bag in the car & I made him go back after it. wow it was bad, tears & all. He says there's not enough time to play in his day now.

I think DD is tired too but she is faring well with keeping it in control. She says K is fun! Although we have met the bus at school & walked them to their room for 3 days this week. She is having a harder time saying good bye, has tears & is clingy. We are telling them they have to go all by themselves on Tues. I hope they do ok.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)