Skip to content
Firtst day of kindergarten tomorrow
cinder44 posted:
I am sad it is the end of them being babies! I know it is time for them to grow up & show me what they can learn & do. But it is a bittersweet moment. Time to move on to being school agers. No more staying up late, doing things late on a Sunday night or staying home with Dad on a Monday(no skipping school!).

I hope I don't cry in front of them. They said I'm not allowed to.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

mrswhitecastle responded:
How did it go? Were there any tears?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Update please!!!!

seeit2 responded:
Awww..that is sweet. I hope they had a great first day. I hope mommy made it through all right.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

sarah0323 responded:
I hope they had a great first day!!! How did mommy do?
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

cinder44 responded:
Sorry got really busy at work!

The first day was great and not too many tears from me! Although I still tear up now & then(does that go away?). I was kind of depressed for a few days, I slacked on my eating & exercising & kind of let myself wallow in it. It is sad that we can no longer so whatever we want. But I am feeling better about this new chapter of their lives that we are beginning.

I think they are really tired though. DS had a grumpy attitude yesterday when I picked them up from daycare just as they got outside to play. Then a total meltdown when he forgot his backpack & lunch bag in the car & I made him go back after it. wow it was bad, tears & all. He says there's not enough time to play in his day now.

I think DD is tired too but she is faring well with keeping it in control. She says K is fun! Although we have met the bus at school & walked them to their room for 3 days this week. She is having a harder time saying good bye, has tears & is clingy. We are telling them they have to go all by themselves on Tues. I hope they do ok.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.