Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercise
mrswhitecastle posted:
I saw Cinder was wondering how everyone was doing, and so am I. I thought we could use a new post on it.

I'm struggling with finding a good routine now that the girls are back in school. How are you doing?

I have a new trainer, and she wants me to get to the gym 6 days a week. I just don't know about that yet. I've been doing 5 days for so long, it's hard to add that extra day. So far, I am doing a spin class on Tue/Thur mornings. Wed afternoon is my training session. I'm still trying to figure out the rest of the week. I think I'm going to try and get to the gym on Mon and Fri, and leave my weekends completely free. With the girls both in school, it's hard to find time on the weekends to hit the gym.

What's your routine like now?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
Mine is non-existant right now. I had been walking an hour a day up until the end of last week. I just haven't felt like it.

I walk 30 minutes over my lunch and then another 30 minutes either first thing in the morning or after dinner. Mostly after dinner, I just can't make myself get up any earlier. I normally have one of the kids walk with me after dinner. This is our time together. We can talk about anything without interuptions. In our house a conversation without interuptions is a rare event.

On the weekend I just make sure that I play with them. A game of frisbee can be a work out with the boys. We were playing tag last weekend and the boys loved me running after them trying to tag them. I try to get the kids involved. I really want them to see that exercise can be fun.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

seeit2 responded:
I'm training to run the 10K on Thanksgiving day. I run 4- 5 miles every other day, but I'm still really slow so I'm going to mix it up a bit and work on upping my speed for awhile and then get back to distance training.

Despite the exercise my weight has stayed the same, which isn't a horrible thing but I'd like to lose some. I'm just hungry all the time. I went to the Y this morning and did some resistance training to start working out my upper body and hopefully burn some more calories. I would like to do more cross-training but I don't want to impact the running negatively so I'm kind of floundering in that regard. I'm trying to find a Pilates class I can get to regularly but that is a challenge these days.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
I usually do turbo kick on monday, step or zumba on tues., wed off, thurs step, friday cycling/yoga. I typically do not work out on the weekends but have went to step on saturdays.
I have to get weights into my routine. That is a challenge for me but I have lost inches by doing the classes.
They do have a body pump class that I would like to do.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

seeit2 replied to baby1at35's response:
Sandra I was going to try Body Pump this morning but the room was so full there was NO way I was gonna go in as a newbie! I was so intimidated! It looks like a great class though, doesn't it?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
I have done it once but over did it and my arms were way too sore. I want to try it again though. It is a really great weight class.

cinder44 responded:
Welp I feel off the wagon somewhat this week. Didn't exercise Sat-Tues. But I got back on on Wed. I get up at 5-5:30am now(it's really dark then!) & do the treadmill or some burpees along with the treadmill. I am feeling better since I got back on the wagon. I think I was kind of depressed about the DC starting K.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

cinder44 replied to cinder44's response:
The other thing I have started to change things up a bit is some interval training. I run as hard as I can for 2min then walk for 2 mins & keep that interval going until cool down.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

baby1at35 replied to cinder44's response:
For some strange reason now that the boys are in school I am having trouble motivating myself. I did go to cycling today though and plan on going to step tommorow as well. On Monday they have some new classes to try and a bouncy house for the boys at the Y so we will go do that.
I am going through a huge funk right now for some reason.
Not sure if I am working next week or not but plan on getting to the gym so I can at least try to work out the funk ! haha!

baby1at35 replied to baby1at35's response:
I sooo did not want to go exercise today but I went to step class and feel pretty good. Tommorow they added a zumba class during the day so I may take that in as well.
Hope everyone is doing well with their plans after the long weekend. I ate junk all weekend..UGH. So back to the grind!

mrswhitecastle replied to baby1at35's response:
I did a spinning class today. It seemed harder than normal. Maybe it's because I also ate junk all weekend, too. We had a BBQ Saturday, and we are still working on all the leftovers.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

cinder44 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
got up late today so I only did my burpees but I will be getting up tomorrow to do the treadmill.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.