Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Toothpaste
mrswhitecastle posted:
Are my 2 the only ones that have yet to master the skill of using toothpaste????

I find toothpaste E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. In their hair, in the sink, on the mirror, on the towel, all over their face, in the drawer, all over the tube..... Seriously, it's like they try to get it all over.

How do you teach them? I have done the "just a dot, not a lot," but nothing has worked so far.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 responded:
Honestly, I do it for him still. I never even thought to not do it. I guess it has just become such a normal thing. However, my husband gets toothpaste everywhere and he leaves the cap open....gross!

We just started my almost 3 year old on big kid toothpaste last night. I put barely any on and he did great with the spitting!
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

baby1at35 replied to crunk05177's response:
I have the same issue but I still have them do it. I bought a pump one which seemed to work better for them and a bit less mess.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

seeit2 responded:
Raising hand. Mine are hopeless with the stuff.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

cinder44 responded:
I still do it too as well as go over their teeth after they have brushed. I am so afraid of them getting a cavity.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.