Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Deodarant for kids?
baby1at35 posted:
Henry sweats a lot and hence has been getting stinky underarms. So I have been using this crystal thing which is working well. However just wondering if there are any other gentle choices for deodarant for kids? I looked today at Target and Walgreens the 2 places I was. I saw some Tom's natural stuff but that was for men.
When I was a kid I remember getting Loves Baby Soft perfume and a deodarant which was for kids.
Do they still make something for little ones?
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

sarah0323 responded:
I see stuff for girls all over the place, boys hardely ever. Maybe at Christmas time in the gift packs. I let the boys go to the deodarnt isle and pick out their own. Jacob is wearing something from Axe. Cris is wearing something from Right Guard. I tell them I have to aprove of the scent. They normally pick out clean smelling scents so I'm ok with it. I just don't want something to perfumee.

My SO is allergic to many deodarnts so we have a stock pile of deodarants that he can't wear any more. Actually he is allergic to the aluminium so I buy him deodarant without. I have tried to get him to use the crystal but he just won't. I do have a homemade recipe for deodarant. My SO won't try it. It is all natural and aluminium free. With the addition of essential oils you can make it whatever scent you would like.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
I know not much for boys. I did find this and looked at walgreens but didn't find it in our stores. I may order a set for Christmas or something. I just really wanted to buy it at the store to avoid shipping but no such luck.
Maybe I need to create products for boys!

baby1at35 replied to baby1at35's response:
Whoops here is the link !

http://growingbasics.co/product-category/boys/

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I don't have a recommendation but here's some expert insight into stinky underarms and product safety from our Skin Problems and Treatment Community:

Are Deodorants & Antiperspirants safe for teens?

My daughter's 11 year old friend uses deodorant and now my 7 year old likes to put on a dab of my baby powder scented stick. But she doesn't need it yet.

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

KC~ lucky mom to DD1 (9), DS (7) and DD2 (4)

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.