Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fundraisers
baby1at35 posted:
Okay I am going crazy with fundraisers this week.
1. Big PTA fundraiser to buy stuff. They entice the kids with prizes ect so there is big pressure to buy /give.
2. Another PTA fundraiser for an author coming...buy a book and he will sign it
3. Skate party tonight fundraiser (not sure we are going as a huge place with screaming kids and my sinus headache does not add up.)
4. Fundraiser for the JuJitsu to do a walk for the open door mission

Yep burned out and it is not even Christmas yet. UGH. Too many at once ...
Plus I do not feel good at all which doesn't help.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

mrswhitecastle responded:
Funny you should just post this. When I went through the girls' backpacks yesterday, I found 3 fundraisers, too. I think it seems even more overwhelming when you get it from both kids at once, too.

My girls don't want to sell anything, though, so I don't have that pressure. One of our fundraisers is to just buy dinner from a local pizza place. We may do that. I don't have to cook, DH can just go pick it up, and the school gets money -- that one works for me!
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
When DS was at a daycare center, they had a fundraiser. Last year in pre-school at his old school, they sold candy. He's at a new school for kindergarten so I don't know if they do anything.

I remember when we were kids. My brother and I went to the same school so would sell the same candy. We'd sell to some neighbors who would always buy some and my mom and dad would take it to work too.

sarah0323 responded:
We are pretty lucky with fund raisers. The older the kids get the more they have of them. My LO's haven't had any yet. They will sell pizza cards around halloween for PTO other than the school carnaval and when they ask for donations for the library they don't have any at school. Our school usually does pancake feeds (at christmas with santa), soup dinners (before basketball games), chili feeds, tailgatting dinner, etc to help raise money instead of selling stuff. I think that is so much better than having to buy over priced cookies or wrapping paper.

Olivia on the other hand is on her 3rd fund raiser for this school year. She sold wrapping paper for choir, cookies for band and I know there was another one. The money that she earns for band and choir will stay in her student account to help offset trip expenses when she gets into high school.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

ryanandleigh responded:
Our PTA has one fall fundraiser and one spring one. Fall is selling Entertainment books but they can't go door to door. It is just selling to family, friends and co-workers. The spring is a walk-a-thon. They did do a pizza night last year and we did that. So far not too overwhelmed but know that it will get worse next year with two at the same school.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Mom of two adorable munchkins. Crystal, 9-15-06, and Aiden, 5-12-10. My DH, Chad, is the light of my life, and helps try to keep me sane. :D...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.