Skip to content
Poll: Where Were You
mrswhitecastle posted:
Where were you when you first heard about the planes hitting the towers?

I was at work and my mom called me. I ran to the TV in the break room, and there was a group standing around watching it happen. They closed the office in the morning and let everyone go home. I remember DH and I watching the coverage that evening in our apartment. So much has changed in our lives since then -- house, kids, job, etc. It still seems hard to believe it was 11 years ago, though.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I was getting ready for work when I first heard about it. When I got to work, it was on the radio. I work for the government so we were all sent home and I turned on the tv and watched it. A friend of mine lives in Maryland but works in DC so I called him. Turns out it was his day off and he hadn't heard so he turned his tv to the same station as mine.

My now husband was sitting in a coffee shop before he went to work. He thought they were showing a movie before he realized it was really happening.

sarah0323 responded:
I was pulling into the parking lot at work when I heard the first plane hit. At the time didn't know was intinial. After we heard the 2nd plan hit someone went home and brought back a 13" black and white TV. We were glued to the TV all day.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who started Pre-k in August and Landon 2 y/o (11-12-08) who loves hav...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful