Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Painting game for a five years old?
b_salmons posted:
Hi! My son is five-years old and Paint seems boring for him. I don't have time to draw something for him and I'm afraid to give him some pencils because he might hurt his eyes or paint the walls if I don't pay attention to him. So, do you know any a computer coloring game?

kc_94920 responded:
I have an Apple computer and all three of my kids have loved playing and creating on a program called Kid Pix.

In addition to computer programs, can you set up a small craft area for him? By 5, he should have the self dicipline to work with age appropriate materials for short periods of time without constant supervision. My youngest is 4 but has been around pencils, markers, oil pastels, blunt scissors, watercolors amd colored pencils from day one because her siblings are 3 and 5 years older than her. We keep everything on a small table in the family room so I'm always nearby but they don't need me right there. Each kid has a small art caddy with their materials and they are free to create at will.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

b_salmons replied to kc_94920's response:
Thanks, KC_94920 ! I continued my "research" on Google and I've found some sort of tool, Gm Coloring Book, I'm checking it right now. I'll try your tips too. Thanks

Spotlight: Member Stories

Getting married in 3 weeks to my hunny who ive been with for 6 years. We have a soon to be 5 year old son together, and we are expecting baby number 2...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.