Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DS funny... and advice needed :)
kc_94920 posted:
I never imagined asking for advise on something like this but here it is...

My brother picked DS up after school yesterday and they had a fun "boys night out". When I got home Logan was already asleep but was wearing one of those funny black, fuzzy mustaches. I tried to gently pull it off but his sleeping hand flew up to protect it and since I didn't want to wake him, I left it. He really wanted to keep it on today but agreed to remove it to brush his teeth. Now we have a thick line of sticky goo stuck to his top lip. I tried water and mild soap, make up remover and even a little tooth paste (since it was right there- LOL). It's still sticky, a bit greasy and totally gross. He could care less and happily bounded of to school no doubt with that silly thing in his pocket so he could put it back on the minute he was on the bus.

There are 5 more mustaches in the pack so I forsee dealing with the goo for a while. Any thoughts on something safe to use on his face that will get the sticky off?

P.S. Last night I got a fabulous picture of him, his 'stash and his boo-boo bunny that I figure will be great blackmail material in ten years.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

sarah0323 responded:
LOL I've never had to take off the adhesive but here is an idea.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/69434-remove-adhesive-skin/

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/removing-adhesive-from-skin.html

I would have said witch hazel or maybe even cold cream (something I remember my grandma using).
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

laney0705 responded:
try baby oil. or even regular cooking oil if you don't have baby oil.
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

KC~ lucky mom to DD1 (9), DS (7) and DD2 (4)

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.