Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Who/What Snaps You Out of a Bad Mood?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
I've been a little crabby this week for various reasons. I cranked up some music yesterday, put on a favorite necklace made by a dear friend and...it worked!

What do you do when you are in a bad mood? What or who snaps you out of it?

Hope everyone has a "good mood" week!

Haylen

p.s. Some of these answers are surprising: Quiz: Myths and Facts About Your Moods I scored 69% (9 out of 13 questions correct) What's yours?

mrswhitecastle responded:
Exercise. I tend to work out harder and feel better when I go to the gym in a really bad mood. I even had my trainer give me an "anti-bitchy" routine for exceptionally bad days. It kills me every time I do it, but I feel awesome afterwards!
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
If I'm in a bad mood please give me time to myself. I will normally go for a walk. When I get back I normally have a better frame of mind.

Your Score: 92% You correctly answered 12 out of 13 questions.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
Exercise definately helps me. I haven't been able to go all week and I am sooo stressed by my super busy week.
Some music helps and when I am really sad I put on my favorite tv show (something to make me laugh) .
Hugging the boys and playing with them always centers me and gives me so much joy!
I have also found doing something for others takes the focus on me and on helping someone else.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently in Rhode Island, DH is active duty military. We've been here a bit over a year, it's our 5th duty station since we were married 11 y...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.