Skip to content
Hi all (super triggs)
iocasta posted:
[TRIGGER] I have been tied up with things most of August and then my world got turned upside down. My baby sister (42 years old) was killed in Kuwait. I spent two hellish weeks trying to get her back home to bury her, the Army doesn't make it easy. The people of the State of Maine were/are wonderful and bent over backwards to help us. This has been harder than the loss of my mom last year and DH's mom earlier this year. As I remember the day she was born. There was enough of an age difference (7 years) that allowed me to be a surrogate mom. I have vivid memories of her as a young child just as I have vivid memories of Levi.

I have to go back up to Maine to clean out her house and find a home or homes for her two dogs. There were her babies. Fortunately, the woman who was house sitting for my sister has agreed to stay on until we can get everything squared away. This is a big burden off my shoulders.

This isn't the way we had planned on spending our 25th Wedding Anniversary but duty calls.

sarah0323 responded:
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry.

My brother died while in the marines so I understand the part about getting her back home.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

kc_94920 responded:
I'm so sorry (((hugs))). My heart goes out to you and your family.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

crunk05177 responded:
I was hoping that nothing was wrong when we didn't hear from you. I am so sorry about your sister and we will all be here for you as much as we can! ((Big hugs))
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

baby1at35 replied to crunk05177's response:
I am so very sorry. Big huge (((HUGS))))
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry...(((hugs))) to you and your family during this difficult time

Haylen

mrswhitecastle responded:
I'm so sorry. We will be thinking of you and your family.

Thanks for letting us know what was going on. We were worrying about you.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

cinder44 responded:
I'm so sorry... ((((Hugs)))) My thoughts are with you.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
So sorry to hear of your loss. It's harder than the loss of your mom and MIL because it was unexpected.

Prayers for you and your family.

seeit2 responded:
Steph, I'm so sorry to hear this. We all noticed you were not around - but hopeful it wasn't for unhappy reasons. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. I know the sorting and cleaning-up after the loss of a loved one can be especially hard - stay strong and take care.

Deb
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Stephensmom1214 responded:
Oh, Steph, I am so, so sorry for your loss.
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Steph, I forgot to say that I am including a "thank you" to your sister in my prayers. It's amazing women like her that keep our country and our families safe.

Sarah, (((hugs))) to you and your marine bother who made the ultimate sacrifice as well.

Haylen

kristinmarie722 responded:
(((HUGS)))
DS- 7/4/2005

laney0705 responded:
Steph- So sorry to hear about your sister. {{HUGS}}

When I read of anyones loss I always cry but having 4 sisters I found myself really crying thinking how hard that must be to go through.

I haven't been on that much b/c work has been so busy but when I did pop on I always wondered where you were. You were missed by all us ladies!
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

steckie98 replied to laney0705's response:
(((HUGS))) So sorry for your loss.
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4), DD(9/14/11)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.