Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Halloween costumes?
kc_94920 posted:
Six weeks to go... have your kids decided? Despite my efforts of suggesting fun themes they could all go as they, like last year, nixed my ideas and chose things that couldn't be more different. Oh well, I did get a few great theme years when they were all younger.

DD1 is going as a werewolf girl. Her costume is complete with black dress, petticote, red slashes, furry boot covers, ears, crimped hair and fishnet hose. Lord help DH when he sees this get-up.

DS is going as Scooby Doo. This surprised me given he's been trying very hard lately to convince himself he not a "liitle kid" anymore. He even wants me to make him a "scooby snack" bag to hold all his treats.

DD2 lovingly chose a pink t-rex costume from DD1's closet (she'd worn it back when she was 4). It's been through a lot and is unraveling everytime Coco puts it on but it suits her so perfectly, we're going to make it work.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

crunk05177 responded:
Very cute ideas!

DS1 - Went from being the red power ranger to Harry Potter. He had power ranger dressup which would have been perfect (for the wallet) but while at the mall the other day, decided to be Harry. I am trying to win an adult sized robe off of ebay and I will be Hermione.

DS2 - He went from being the blue ranger to being Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I was trying to get him to be Ron from Harry Potter but he really wants the sword rather than the wand.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

seeit2 responded:
Have not even broached the subject yet. Last year we went to the local superstore for a costume for DD - it was broken into two sections, boy costumes and girl costumes. The girls were all princesses or slutty vampire-type getups. The boys were cartoon characters, monsters, doctors, and police officers. (seriously! Am I the only one who finds that offensive?) DD wanted to be a doctor so we got her that one anyway with a "good for you girl" attached. DS was two at the time so we put a plastic stethoscope around his neck and called him a PA lol. This year we may just re-wear the same things, to be honest. But we'll see - she may be inspired to try something new.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 responded:
We seem to stick to a theme.
Henry goes traditional...he has be a ghost, mummy, skeleton. This year he wants to be Dracula
Tre goes super hero... We have been buzz lightyear, spiderman, and this year we are thinking power ranger or spider man yet again
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

baby1at35 replied to baby1at35's response:
We went today to look at Halloween costumes at Target. Man they were already picked over and very few sizes left.
Henry chose a ghost face with a black robe. Tre chose a ninja guy. Kind of fun. Then we tried on some of the masks. I never dress up but they want me to dress up as a witch. I may get a witch hat or something this year
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

sarah0323 replied to baby1at35's response:
I wish I could get them to do a theme but they won't. I wanted to do the smurfs this year. All the kids said no. Oh well.

Most of them haven't decided yet. The boys have changed their minds at least 20 times. Emily is going to go as a biker girl. We have a leather harley jacket that all the boys have worn along with blue jeans, white t-shirt and dew rag. This is the last time that we will have a biker baby. I'm not sure if Olivia is going to dress up this year or not. Colby wants to be a mummy. Cristopher hasn't said. Jacob at last call wanted to be a farmer.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
Totally randomly, 7 year old and I ended up in a huge goodwill store.

So many almost brand new costumes - DD got 5 different items that will equal an awesome purple and red witch. I got a long black velvet cape in perfect condition for $8 that DH or I can use. Taking 4 year old there today.

My 4 year old is a nut - who knows what she will want to be. Last year she wore 3 hand-me-down costumes and rotated almost every hour.

Love to hear what you guys are planning!

Haylen

cinder44 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
DS wants to either be spiderman or batman.

DD wants to be a cheerleader and of course she doesn't want to use the pink & white costume we already have. She wants it to be blue & white for her school colors.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

iocasta responded:
Levi is going to be a big black spider to match all of the spider decorations that will be in our garden. PB kids have some great costumes. This is where we got his.

ryanandleigh responded:
DS wants to be batman which is surprising since he is so into Star Wars and it is his sister who loves Batman. She actually was batgirl last year. This year she is wonder woman.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.