Skip to content
Weekend Plans
mrswhitecastle posted:
What's planned for your weekend?

We have a tough 3 days ahead of us. DH's uncle died unexpectedly this week. It's been especially hard for DH and MIL, since DH's dad died in January. The viewing is Sunday and the funeral is Monday. DH's brother is flying in tomorrow. Tomorrow we are going over to help MIL work on her kitchen. DH's uncle was remodeling it for her.

Hopefully everyone else has some better plans!
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

iocasta responded:
Wow, you guys have been hit as hard as we have. I'm sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with your DH and his family.

It will be a quiet weekend for us. DH is swamped at the office so he is going in on Saturday. Levi has swim practice today and tomorrow. He is having a friend over on Sunday. That is about it, along with the regular weekend chores and errands for which I will have to pick up the slack.

sarah0323 responded:
MrsW you guys have had a rough year. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

We have a lot of things to get done around the house (laundry, cleaning). SO's hasn't been feeling well the last few days. He was still in bed when I took the kids to school this morning. Not normal for him. So we may not do much this weekend after all.

I'm going to the farmer's market Saturday morning. All the kids will probably go. They want to get some pumpkins, hay bales and corn stalks to decorate the front yard for fall. (Normally I only take 1 and we get up early and have one on one time). This is the last weekend for the penguins at the zoo. The kids want to go see them one more time (probably sometime Sunday). Jacob wants his hair cut so we will probably go see my dad Saturday night. I also need to get the normal cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping done. We cut down 2 apple trees last weekend so I have alot of brush that needs to be burned. We might try to have a bonfire tonight. We have had some rain (thank goodness) earlier this week so it may be too wet to burn.

I'm tired just thinking about what needs to be done. I think weekends should be longer.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

seeit2 responded:
Sorry to hear about your DH's uncle. You guys really have had a lot of loss lately. Your poor MIL. {{HUGS}}

DD already has the first-month-of-school head cold, so we may not do much this weekend. She has a soccer game on Saturday that will hopefully get rained out (we REALLY need the rain!). She may be too sick to go anyway. DS turns three today and has a bunch of new toys to keep him busy so hopefully we will have a mellow play and relax weekend.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

UKbluegirl2 responded:
I'm sorry MrsW. I hope things calm down for your family.

Wil has soccer pictures and then a soccer game in the morning. DH and I have football tix but our sitter is busy. So we may have to skip; I'm not heartbroken. The FB team stinks and it's an all day event when we go.

Sunday is Church and getting ready for the week again!

I agree - we need an extra day!

baby1at35 replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
The boys are off school today and I am off work. I did spinning this morning and we just went to Hotel Transylvainia (sp). It was cute and funny.
The boys have monday off too so we have a long weekend. Not really sure what we will do with the rest of it. I have some housework to catch up on, haircuts on Monday I am thinking unless we go later today.
Tommorow night probably church and then watching a football game on tv.
Tonight I may take them to the Y again for bouncy house while I take in a yoga class. We shall see how it goes. Or we may hang out at home
So exciting eh?
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

baby1at35 replied to baby1at35's response:
And so sorry .

seeit2 replied to baby1at35's response:
Spinning and yoga in the same day? Nice! You must have quads of steel.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
Yes I usually do spinning and yoga back to back but the boys were off school so I didn't get the chance today!
Not sure I have quads of steel but for certain they are worked out when done on Fridays!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley. I am happily married, with 2 boys 4 years and 18 months. I am a stay at home mother, and love it! .

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.