Skip to content
The never ending "To Do" list!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
How do you keep your to-do list? Do you have it in your head, on a phone, computer, tablet or scribbled on paper (that's me!) Thought we could all share one FUN to-do this week and maybe one "not-so-fun".

Here's me:

Fun: DD1's first swim meet with her new team is Saturday. Can't wait to see her having fun and bonding with her new friends.

Not So Fun: Spiders!!!! Came across an enormous amount of Black Widows in the garage when I was pulling out Halloween stuff. I almost lost my finger to a spider bite when I was a kid so DD and I need to talk tonight about what to do.

Who is next?

Haylen

mrswhitecastle responded:
If I have too much to do, I write a list on paper. That way, even though I don't get everything done, I can see that I still did most of it.

Fun: ????

Not Fun: Get Fall/Winter clothes out and put away Summer ones.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
I have a large white board in our kitchen. One side is the grocery list and the other is what needs to happen that day.

Fun: ???

Not So Fun: I have to get warmer clothes out this week. We are only going to have high's in the 50's this weekend.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

kc_94920 responded:
I love my icalendar and input all appointments, classes and events into my phone. Everything automatically uploads to my ipad and computer so I can pretty easily look up any date in the forseeable future at any time. In addition to that, I often write a list down if several things have to be done in a short amount of time. Like the 6 things I had to do/remember this morning between my 6am coffee and leaving for the bus stop...

Not so fun: This week is crazy with typical kid sport stuff and appointments, but I also have a 4 hour appliance delivery window for my new oven. I'm dreading how that one thing will screw up my Thursday morning/afternoon.

Fun: We're taking the older two kids on a fast weekend trip to Bend, Oregon to ride horses and hike with some of DH's family. It's always fun to travel and the older they get the more relaxing it is for mom. My little one and the pup are staying here with my mom so I really am traveling light and looking forward to a great night out with my sisiter-in law's--LOL!
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

iocasta responded:
Longer term work and home items go into my e-calendar; it is linked to home and work computers and my iphone. Items for the day, I just jot down on a piece of paper or send myself/DH an e-mail with the list.

Fun: Wednesday DH and I celebrate 25 years of marriage because it is mid-week we aren't doing much on the day. Levi's class has an open house tomorrow night so we will go to that and then to a favorite family French Bistro for steak frites. I got DH a set of antique silver cocktail swizzle sticks for his gift. Buying a silver gift for a guy that doesn't wear jewelry is tough, so I think I did pretty good coming up with these.

Not Fun: We were suppose to have a long weekend in NYC is celebrate our anniversary. We had dinner reservations at Le Bernardin and Per Se. However, we are headed back up to Maine to clean out my sister's house and give away her two dogs to friends. So our anniversary celebration is on hold. We plan to go to London over Levi's Thanksgiving break and will celebrate then.

sarah0323 replied to sarah0323's response:
All family appointments go on my e-calendar. I have it right on my phone and on my computers. I even set appointments for household chores that I want to get done. I find that I will actually get it done if I set an appointment.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

cinder44 replied to sarah0323's response:
I use my calendar on my droid phone for dr appts & to remember to take/send things to work/school.

Other things to do around the house or my grocery lists are on paper that I jot down during the month.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

KC~ lucky mom to DD1 (9), DS (7) and DD2 (4)

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.