Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Huge TRIGGS
sarah0323 posted:
[TRIGGER] TRIGGS....

Hoping that I started low enough so the below isn't showing on the preview screen.

Last night we had to admit Jacob to the hospital. He tried to commit suicide. I am honestly still in a state of shock. This is his 2nd hospitalization for mental issues.

I am so grateful for his providers who answered their cell phones last night when I needed them. It was such a huge help that they gave me the support and guidance that we needed. One of them even called me last night at 11:00 to check on us. My son is so lucky to have providers who care about him.

I'll know more later today after I talk to his social worker and the doctor's at the hospital, but he will be there for at least 72 hours. He was just having an off day yesterday. I just want to get him the help that he needs.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mrswhitecastle responded:
[TRIGGER] Oh, there are no words for what you must be going through! Stay strong, Momma. We are always here when you need to talk and/or vent.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

iocasta responded:
[TRIGGER] Oh dear god!! I'm quaking reading this. I hope you can find the help that you need to get Jacob and the rest of your family through this. I can't even imagine the pain and confusion you all are going through. You all are in my thoughts. Stay strong.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
[TRIGGER] Oh Sarah! My heart goes out to you and Jacob! I'm glad he is in a safe place.

I can't imagine all of the puzzle pieces you have to put together at this time. I'm thrilled and relieved that you have such a strong support system.

HUGE ((hugs)) and strength going out to you, Jacob, your family and his providers.

Haylen

P.S. Please let me know if there is anything I can do from my end - research, resources, etc. I'm here till 5 pm EST and my team member Elizabeth will be looking in tomorrow.

sarah0323 responded:
[TRIGGER] Thank You everyone. My oldest DD is the one that found him. I am taking her in to talk to someone today. She is nervous because she has never talked to a therapist before. I think she needs someone to talk to because right now I don't feel that I can give her the support she needs.

I'll tell you I never hugged my kids so tight as I did last night. Everyone please give your babbies an extra hug tonight. I pray that no one ever has to go through this. I actually came to work this morning because it was more normal than staying home and having to answer questions from well meaning family and friends.

seeit2 responded:
[TRIGGER] {{HUGS}} to you and your family. This is something I have experienced with my own sister and it is very very complicated and emotional...I'm so glad you had help on the outside and will continue to have people to reach out to while you take care of your family. Hospitalization is scary but at the same time you know he is in a safe place with people who can ultimately help him...stay strong, and please let us know how it is going and if we can help.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

UKbluegirl2 responded:
[TRIGGER] Sarah, I'm so sorry.

I think society is so hard on boys at times. Life is tough.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Jacob and all your children are very lucky to have such a strong mother. (((Hugs)))

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
Sarah,

I saw your post at 6 am PST. Both my girls came stumbling into my office around 6:30 and I squeezed them both so hard they protested. They're in for it again in an hour when I pick them up from school.

Great idea to have DD talk to a professional. I'm not sure anyone can give her 100% of the support she needs but I know you'll provide the tools necessary for her to process all of this.

(Work is always more normal than parenting IMO)

HUGS HUGS HUGS....

Haylen

baby1at35 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am almost in tears for you. I have no words but to offer (((HUGS))) and support .
So sorry.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

cinder44 replied to baby1at35's response:
I am so sorry! He is where he needs to be. Thankful that you have the support & help for him that you all need! ((((((HUGS))))))
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

laney0705 responded:
Sarah- Your family is in my prayers. {{HUGS}} I feel so deeply for Jacob, so young and feeling so lost. Thank God he was found in time and being treated. Make sure you talk to a therapist as well to help you work through this. Keep up posted.
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

sarah0323 replied to laney0705's response:
Jacob was released from the hospital today. Honestly not sure how I feel about it. I'm glad he is safe though. Basically we are already doing everything that we can for him. So we are just going to keep on keeping on. At this point he says he doesn't want to hurt himself or anyone else. We will have his providers work more on anger management. They will push him to the anger stage and then work with him on ways to safely get him through the moment. They also want us to do an evaluation for autism. He has a few things that could fall under the autism spectrum disorder.

Olivia is doing better today. Though the therapist told us that it will probably really hit her in a few weeks. So we have a few sessions scheduled for her. We will reevaluate then.

I really appreciate eveyone's support. On our way home from Olivia's appointment yesterday she told me that I really need to talk to a therapist as well. I have scheduled an appointment for next week. It is a wake up call when your child tells you need you need help too. Its been on my list of things to do for a while now.

I never knew the amount of strength that I had until I was faced with all these challenges. Yesteday I was taking it minute by minute. Today I have a better outlook. I'm so thankful to have a good support system. I also have learned that I have ask for help. It was hard at first but I learned that people really do want to help. I have also learned who is a true friend and who isn't. A neighbor brought us dinner last night. I cried. She told me that I would have done the same for her. Another took my youngest to school today so we could be at the hospital meeting. When I called her this morning she said sure. I said are you sure. She told me how many times have you taken on of my kids to school or picked them up when you picked up your own? I am so thankful that we have a wonderful support system even when we don't realize it.

I've rambled long enough.

mrswhitecastle replied to sarah0323's response:
How are things going? I hope you all had a nice weekend.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
He had a good weekend. Didn't want to go to school today but I chalked that up to a normal Monday. He seems like nothing happened. Doesn't want to talk about it. He has a therapy appoinment this afternoon. I'm hoping that he will at least talk to his therapist. He wouldn't really talk with anyone in the hospital. He was just adament that he didn't mean to hurt himself or anyone else. I'm thankful for that. We just have to work on him not being so impulsive.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
Wow! Olivia is so insightful! What a great kid - I hope she comes through this with as little pain as possible and is able to focus on her brother continuing to improve.

I've found that true friends really do sincerely want to help but often need a task to do (like "bring dinner"). So don't hesitate to ask for a specific thing (like this up or go get this) It's a win-win for helper and help-ee!

Monday (((hugs))) to you - please keep us updated -

H

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.