Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Parenting/discipline conflict
    An_248280 posted:
    It seems that whenever I am discipling my 4-year old, my husband feels that he needs to interrupt me and discipline her. I feel that this is overstepping me and in observing our daughter, she feels gained up on. Does anyone have any opinions or resources I could read on this topic? Thanks!
    laney0705 responded:
    I had the same issue with my husband where he felt the need to step in whenever I was disciplining our DS. I finally told him to just back off that I could handle it and DS didn't need both of us "ganging up" on him. I told DH that I don't/wouldn't step in when he was disciplining and I except the same. He hasn't done it "much" since then.
    brittneyS responded:
    I wouldn't both discipline her, I would only have one parent at a a time do it. I have a 3 year old daughter and a 5 year old boy so what my husband and i do if we are both home we both set them down and explain what they did and why it is wrong or what they should be doing and that seems to help sometimes. But yeah if both discipline at that same time while one already has the child will feel dissapointed and ganged up on.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I am a stay at home mom of two boys, Travis (4-19-05) and Skyler (12-15-06). I've known my DH Joel since 11-23-01 and were married 5-19-05.

    Helpful Tips

    my son is soon to be 5 and me and my husband thinks he has undecended testicles.
    when my son was about 1 our doctor thought my son had undescended testicles and sent us to a specialist. The specialist said he was find ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 24 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.