Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Friday Confessions!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
It's been a really stressful week for my family due to FIL stroke, $800 car repair and another trip to the ER (for me this time!). I'm trying to keep it all in perspective and am looking forward to the weekend!

Here's my "mommy confessions" for the week:

Fast food 2x (Wendy's burgers, no fries. Del Taco bean and cheese burritos)

Corrected my 7 year olds weekly writing journal after she went to bed last night. Erased misspelled words, rewrote some messy words. Just didn't want to deal with her this morning making edits.

I have dirty dishes in our broken oven. Company coming over this evening and I doubt I'll get to that.

Who is next???

Haylen

mrswhitecastle responded:
You have had a lot going on this week! How is your FIL doing? Are you doing OK after your ER visit?
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
Haylen how are you doing and your FIL? I hope things settle down and you have a calm week next week.

I've corrected my 1st graders homework because of the same thing. Actually did the same last night for his spelling words.

I got out the fall/winter clothes last weekend but didn't get the summer clothes put up. Now we have too many clothes out. I really need to get the summer clothes put up this weekend.

We didn't get up until 7:15 this morning (normally up at 5:30). The kids got a donut for breakfast from the gas station. So sorry teachers.

Emily has rotovirus (sp?). She hasn't worn a diaper for most of the week b/c her bottom hurts so much from the diaherra. Though we have washed alot of bedding.

I have alot of stuff that needs to be done around the house. I think I'm going to skip most of it this weekend and take the kids and spend the day at the pumpkin patch on Sunday. We just need a family fun day. I'm not inviting the grandparents. They would both like to go but I just want a family day.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
Sarah - I have the fall/summer/winter clothes thing going too! Raining yesterday but supposed to be 91 on Sunday. I'm just going to keep that big pile going. That rotavirus is nasty! I hope she gets better soon. Of course, I feel obligated to tell you to make sure she stays hydrated (Can you imagine how annoying I am to my friends and family sending links all the time?) Have fun at pumpkin patch - those orange pumpkins make for the best pictures!

MSW - thank you for asking. FIL is in the hospital after suffering his 3rd stroke. He and my husband are very, very close and the decision is being made to bring him home for hospice. Sad for everyone. We're just taking one day at a time and trying to be positive and visit as much as possible. He's 90 and has had a great life but that doesn't mean we're ready to say goodbye

ER visit was CRAZY. Thought I had a spider bite and my finger kept getting bigger and more colorful until I woke up at 4 am, it was so painful I couldn't breathe. I was convinced that I was going into some kind of shock. Drove myself to the ER and it was a nail bed infection. Doc said he sees it at least 2x a week but mine was one of the "biggest and nastiest" he'd ever seen. I'll spare you all the gross details but I had to take a few days off work and it's getting a little better. (Doc found it very funny that I had misdiagnosed myself with a spider bite because he saw that my employer was "WebMD")

OK - I need to hear more mommy confessions - who is next?

sarah0323 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen..Emily is so tired of me pinching her hand. I'm so afraid of her being deydrated though. She told me "No Mommy" this morning when I went to touch her hand. Guess I need to lay off of it for a while.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
Oh Haylen sounds like a crazy week. So sorry about your FIL and your ER visit..Yikes!
I haven't been sleeping this week so it has been nuts for me. Went to Fast food 2x. No more.
I wore the same pants to work 2 days in row this week...They were clean and black which goes with anything!
Just happy it is the weekend however I have to take a class for my new job bright and early at 8:30 tommorow morning. So I have a sitter for the boys. So not doing much tonight.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

seeit2 responded:
Haylen - sorry to hear about your FIL. The ER visit is pretty funny though - I've had those infections and they hurt like a bear! And get so swollen! Glad you got some relief.

Last week I only made formal dinner once. We all sat down every night but it was to frozen veggies and leftover noodles, sandwiches, cereal....really lazy stuff.

So far behind on laundry that DD wore hot pink velour pants to school yesterday (it was in the high 80s) - and they are at least two inches too short. I told her never again. It was embarrassing.

Woke up this morning at 6am and let the dog in...apparently he spent the night outside last night. Ooops. At least it was in the 70s all night, and dry. I don't know where my brain is these days.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to seeit2's response:
LOL hot pink velour!

If you find your brain, let me know. Maybe mine is next to it

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.