Skip to content
What Halloween-y stuff have you done so far?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
What have you done with your kiddos leading up to Halloween? There are so many great things around Los Angeles but I don't think we can fit them all in!

So far:
  • Pumpkin patch with petting zoo and corn maze
  • LA Steamers Halloween Train
  • Decorated our front yard with spider webs and other H'ween stuff from the 99 cent store (it looks pretty good!)
  • Pumpkin frozen yogurt at Yogurtland with graham cracker sprinkles- my absolute favorite!

Coming up:
  • Buying pumpkins and carving (DH in charge) Would love to roast the pumpkin seeds but our oven is broken
  • Halloween costume parade for the 4 year old at preschool. Each class has a theme and makes own costumes. This year, she's a sprinkle cookie!
  • Halloween carnival at the 7 year old school - game booths, parade, bake sale, etc.
  • A visit to "Boney Island" if it's not too much of a freak show.
  • Hosting Trick or Treat pizza party at our house with neighborhood walk around with a bunch of parents/kids

I love this time of year!

sarah0323 responded:
So Far:
  • Halloween costume for the kids
  • Pumpkins bought and in the front yard.
  • Bon fire with smore's and ghost stories
  • Pumpkin Patch with hay rack ride and kids train ride
Coming Up:
  • Boo at the Zoo
  • Costume Parade at the school
  • Treats for the Halloween parties at school
  • Another pumpkin patch with an 8 acre corn maze
  • Carve the pumpkins (next Sunday my Dad and SO are in charge of this)
  • They will go trick or treating at an assited living facility that my SO's mom is the activity director of. The residents love seeing the kids and the kids get more candy than they know what to do with.
On another note we went and got halloween costume yesterday. Not one of them picked out what they said they wanted to be. I ended up with 2 puppies, a gorilla, Inkie (the blue pacman ghost) and a Diva Devil. At least they are happy. First year that Colby isn't going as Spiderman.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sarah0323's response:
I love that assisted living facility idea! There is a senior home a few blocks from me where one of my friends is a nurse..I'm going to ask her if any of the residents would be interested in seeing two little witches

OK - I have to see that diva devil outfit!

H

seeit2 responded:
Wow you guys are awesome. We have not done a thing. Am I a crappy mom? I'm hoping DD will just re-wear last year's costume, but I guess I better at least get on that before too long. I'm afraid to buy candy yet and have not dug the decorations out of the garage. I guess I'll put those things on my to-do list for the week.

The pumpkin fro yo sounds yummy!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I've bought costumes and candy. Might go to a pumpkin patch this weekend.

laney0705 responded:
Done:
  • Decorated inside the house
  • bought costumes
  • put up a couple decorations outside
DH ususally does the outside but he just hasn't gotten around to it this year. Maybe tommorrow on his day off. Don't think we are going to do the pumpking patch this year. We might carve pumpkins on Sunday.
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

kc_94920 responded:
Let's see, the house is decorated, the porch is decorated and the front gate is covered with our ginormous spider and his web. I took the kids to the pumpkin patch on Sunday and they've carved their pumpkins. We also roasted the seeds and have been enjoying them all week.

We've watched The Witches and Hocus Pocus and the big kids are reading some of my old Goosebumps books at night. DD2 and I have been reading from the dozen or so Halloween books she selected from the library plus the ones we own.

I have all the costumes and accessories except for a pair of red tights and a tiny "hot dog" costume the kids want the pup to wear. I also have some Halloween perler bead kids for the kids and those sticky gel cut-outs for them to stick on their windows. I think I'll pull those out Saturday morning before we head out for a weekend of events. We have 2 parties this weekend (one with a Haunted House) and a Harvest dinner party at a winery in Napa for DH and I.

On Halloween day, Coco's school has a parade in homemade astronauts costumes and the big kids get to dress up for school. I'm just crossing my fingers that it won't rain...
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to kc_94920's response:
KC - the Napa dinner sounds amazing! Which winery is hosting? I have friends that work in the wine industry there and we have visited a few times. You'll have so much fun! Do you live in that area? I'm in SoCal and being blown away by the Santa Ana's right now.

Would love to see a pic of Coco! My 4 year old is going to be a sprinkle cookie in her class parade - the teachers are bakers.

Crossing fingers for you for no rain too -

H

baby1at35 responded:
We went to the huge pumpkin patch. So fun.
Went to the childrens museum little haunted (not so much) house.
Halloween party tonight at the Y
Tommorow maybe another smaller pumpkin patch however it is soooo cold.
We are decorating pumpkins sometime this weekend as well.

I haven't done all I have wanted to for this season but we have had plenty.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.