Skip to content
5K Completed!!!
mrswhitecastle posted:
Emily and I did our first 5K today! It was great!

My first goal was to not be last. We weren't, by far. My second goal was to be done in under an hour, and we easily made that goal, too. I'm so glad that we decided to do it together. I'm really proud of Emily.

DH said that he and Elizabeth want to do it with us next year. Elizabeth will only be 6, so I don't know if she will be able to do it or not. We have awhile to decide.

Afterwards we went out to Brunch. All in all, a pretty great day!
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 responded:
That's fantastic! Great job both of you!!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:

Great Job !
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

sarah0323 responded:
Great Job both of you!!!

Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

cinder44 responded:
Awesome!

Contemplating doing our Turkey Trot 5k this year. But it is in only 2.5 weeks & I haven't been training.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

mrswhitecastle replied to cinder44's response:
We weren't able to train as much as I would have liked. I was out of town the week before the race, and then got sick the week of it.

The best piece of advice I got was this: Emily wasn't going to remember our time, she was going to remember the event. So, no matter what time/place we came in, she is always going to feel proud of finishing.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

UKbluegirl2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Congrats to your and Emily! And great advice!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather (29) and have been married for about 6 1/2 years to my DH (32). We got married on our 8th anniversary. We have two beautiful boys. ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.