Skip to content
Using Wrong Hand
tlkittycat1968 posted:
Poor DS . He has trouble with fine motor skills so we've been working with him tracing his name and shapes. He used to be able to do it fairly well but lately has been majorly protesting and hasn't been doing it well. It turns out his school has been making him do it with his right hand and we've been making him do it with his left hand since he is left-handed. When grandma told his teacher he's left-handed, she's like "Ohhhh." No wonder he's been protesting and not doing it as well. Luckily isn't only been two months so hopefully not too much damage has been done.

My brother made a comment that they must not be very observant because it's not too hard to figure out which hand someone uses, especially knowing how old he is.

mrswhitecastle responded:
Poor kid, that would be frustrating and discouraging!

Thank goodness it has been straightened out now. I think a little talk with the teacher may be in order.....
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Mom of two adorable munchkins. Crystal, 9-15-06, and Aiden, 5-12-10. My DH, Chad, is the light of my life, and helps try to keep me sane. :D...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.