Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Voting
iocasta posted:
Anyone else taking their LOs? I think it is incredibly important to get children involved early. We have been talking a lot about the electoral process with Levi. He and I will vote after swim practice.

UKbluegirl2 responded:
Ava, Wil and I will be going after Ava's piano lesson. Ava has hearned a lot about the process as well. Her teacher is a huge political advocate. She taught her class to all go home and thell their parents "GO VOTE!"

Their school also had a visit from the Secretary of State (not a position up for election this year) came in and held an assembly explaining the voting process. They then held mock elections. It was quite funny the voting stories Ava came home with.

She is so excited that today is the day 'WE' get to go vote.

cinder44 responded:
When DH gets off work he is picking all of us up & we are going to vote. We have been talking about voting over the past few weeks & yesterday DS said I need to vote, too. Sadly, I had to inform him that he was too young, yet.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yup. We're waiting till hubby gets home around 6:30 and then walking to the school down the street to vote.

My 4 year old is participating in a school-wide vote: Apples vs. Carrots for Friday snack.

Think it's a great idea to introduce kids to the concept of voting. Two friends are elementary school teachers and are doing similar activities and explaining the Electoral College.

Haylen

iocasta replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Levi's class was divided into two parties, Goldfish and Betta fish, to vote on which would be the class fish. They had to bring in three facts about their candidate. Levi's three facts were that goldfish have teeth in their throat; they have no stomachs; and they were from China. They then had to make posters for their candidate. Yesterday, they did up t-shirts. Levi wrote on his vote goldfish it has teeth in its throat, which I think is a pretty good campaign slogan. They vote today. I'll be interested in learning who won.

Tonight, we will sit back, watch the results and eat buffalo wings. For some reason, eating buffalo wings on election night has become a family tradition. I plan on working from home tomorrow.

sarah0323 responded:
I took Colby with me this morning to vote. He was a trooper as we waited in line.

The kids had a mock election today at school for the president. The kids even got stickers that said I Voted!!
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.