Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Report Card
iocasta posted:
We got Levi's report card yesterday. He got exceeds in every component in reading and math. The area where he needs work is handwriting and he does have some linguistic issues, he got approaches and meets in those areas. My handwriting is awful, so I'm not going to worry too much about it. He has gotten into technical drawing of cartoons, so we are going to use that to help strengthen his handwriting skills. He did get exceeds in all art components but like DH says art teachers are push overs. In French, P.E. and Library he got all meets, expect for the listening components where he got approaches. In the non-academic component, social skills, he still needs work on self-regulation and listening but he is definitely getting better. We have to do our P-T conference next week via skype so that will be interesting. All-in-all not too bad. I'm glad that he has strong academics. Hopefully, he will grow out the spazzy little boy phase soon. It is getting better but he needs more work on it. Anyone else get report cards?

kc_94920 responded:
We got report cards Monday and had all three P/T conferences this week. All in all, I'm pleased with everything and think we have a good idea of what needs to be worked on for each child.

DD1 got her first report card with letter grades and did very well. Her academics are very strong. Both Math and Social Studies were A's (as were Spanish, Mandrian, French, PE, Music, Drama, Art, Computers and Library. Language Arts and Science were B 's noting she could improve by participating more in literary discussions, handwritting and listening (last period Science is tough for her). I'm thrilled for her to find out she'll make the honor roll.

DS was solid in all his academics (Math, Lang Arts, Science and Social Studies) as well as PE., Art , Music and Drama with "excellent" and "good" ratings across the board. He still struggles with effective listening, self regulation and sillyness and received 6-10 "satisfactory progress" ratings for related components. Our big success from him was bringing up all his Library components to "good" from last spring's "experiencing difficulties".

DD2 got her first report card ever for her first trimester of pre-K. She's doing well and received "age appropriate" or "above average" in letter/number recognition, phoenimic awareness and social interactions. She is "emerging" with her writing, effective listening and abilitiy to remained focused. She is "exceptional" in coordination, balance, strength, sportsmanship, sharing and compassion for others.

I'm taking all three of them to Disneyland this weekend for a celebration on all their hard work and dedication to both school work and their extra curricular activities. It will be a complete surprise for them and I can't wait!!
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.