Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Well sick kid
baby1at35 posted:
We were supposed to go to my Mom's for Thanksgiving (7 hr drive) but Henry was awake last night throwing up and a sick tummy. He is better this morning but I thought 7 hrs in a car would not be a good combination.
I too am sick with some crud (cold) and not 100%. So I have 2 very disappointed little boys and no Thanksgiving supplies.
I have no idea what we are going to do. We may go tommorow but I hate to expose my Mom to all of our stuff as she has a trip she is taking a few days after Thanksgiving.
Well off to cleaning /disinfecting.
(yes I am disappointed too I was looking forward to getting away a bit... *sigh*
I might have to order a Thanksgiving meal from the grocery store or something.
My aunt lives an hour away and said we can come there but like I said I don't want to expose all these others to our stuff too.
Not the Thanksgiving I anticipated. Good thing I already had today off work.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

mrswhitecastle responded:
I hope you all feel better soon.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

laney0705 responded:
Bummer! I hope you all feel better soon.

I woke up on Monday with a tight chest and nasty cough. Trying to keep it under control so it doesn't turn into brochitis. DS woke up yesterday with a deep raspy cough but last night sounded better. Hoping we stay well enough for dinner at friends tomorrow.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

baby1at35 replied to laney0705's response:
Thanks ladies. I now have a fever so this really stinks, No time for Mom to be sick with sick kids. I wish somewhere delivered Thanksgiving dinner.
I guess we will venture out to the store to get something.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

cinder44 responded:
I hope you feel better soon!

If you like white meat you could probably get a turkey breast & get it thawed by tomorrow. Or even just be off the wall & have one of your favorite meals for Thanksgiving.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.