Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
London
iocasta posted:
We had a great trip. The apartment we rented was great albeit it had its quirks. This is the time of year to go if you want to hit the typical tourist spots because there are so few tourist this time of year. We went to places that we normally avoid in the summer months like St. Paul's Cathedral and Tower Bridge. Levi loved the cathedrals -- St. Paul's and Canterbury. He hadn't seen buildings like that before. He also loved climbing to the top of St. Paul's. I didn't join DH and Levi. Not because of fear of heights but I was back at the apartment sick as a dog. Wednesday evening I was hit with food poisoning and have never been so sick in my life. I was throwing up all Wednesday night and finally was able to get some sleep around 4 in the morning Thursday. I'm still not eating right. The up side is that I am entering the holiday season five pounds lighter.

mrswhitecastle responded:
Welcome home! I hope you are feeling all better soon. Being sick is bad enough, but being sick away from home is the worst!

At what age do you think kids are old enough to appreciate traveling to Europe? My father has been pestering me for a couple of years to take Emily to Paris.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

baby1at35 responded:
Oh no feel better. I was sick too. It is awful though being sick away from home.
Sounds like a great trip though!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

laney0705 responded:
So glad the family had a great time. Sorry about your sickness. Food poisoning is one of the worst things I've ever experienced. I got mine at a concert (bad burger) and had to use the porta potty in the parking lot after the concert was over. Let me tell you, that was thee nastiest place I ever went but I didn't have a choice. I couldn't even drive myself home I had to spend the night on my sisters couch running to her bathroom every 20 minutes. It was just horrible, so I feel your pain.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

iocasta replied to laney0705's response:
Laney you are a braver woman than I. I would have thrown up on the ground before using a porta potty.

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.