Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
December 2012 looks......
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Overwhelming and fun and stressful sums it up. Hoping there's some relaxing down towards the end somewhere!

Both girls have holiday programs coming up - is there anything cuter than nervous kids on stage? Well, maybe...but I just love the school plays/music performances, etc.

DD2 has her swim team finals on 12/2 at a big pool in the middle of LA - should be an exciting end to the season that, so far, she's enjoyed and had minimal whining/complaints about.

LAUSD public school break is 12/17 - 1/7. Husband and I are working on patching together our days off/playdates to keep her supervised.

We want to go see the space shuttle at the science museum at some point.

What's up for you guys when you flip the calendar to December?

Haylen

baby1at35 responded:
We have a lot going on as well. However the school we are at now does not do a winter program. (Honestly I am kind of bummed). They do a big one in Feb. I guess that is just how they do it.
Then we keep getting invited to birthday parties.
Dec is always stressful. I won't be getting the amount of baking done I did last year. I was off work so it was nice ...This year not as much time but I will do some on the weekends having the boys help. They have decided they want to be bakers/chefs so I better get busy
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

iocasta responded:
December is packed, packed, packed for us. Levi has a snow village making class every Tuesday from 4 - 5:30 on 11/27, 12/4, 12/11, and 12/18. On 12/5, he and I are going to Glazed Expressions after school to make some Christmas Gifts. On 12/6, his class is celebrating Sinterklass Day /St. Nicolas Day, which I am helping out on. On 12/8, we fly down to Chattanooga to ride the polar express and meet Santa and we fly back the next day 12/9. On 12/13, I'm hosting a gift making party with 10 of Levi's friends. We are making necklaces and candles. On 12/15, Levi and 3 other friends plus parents are going to see the theatrical production of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. On 12/16, we are taking him to his first Opera to see Hansel and Gretel at the Lyric Opera House. On 12/21, his Aunt Wendy comes to visit and will be staying until 12/26. On 12/22, we are going to see a production of The Nutcracker that will have some of Levi's classmates dancing in it. On 12/23, we are going to the Christmas Carol at the Goodman. On 12/25, I'm hosting Christmas dinner for 10 people. I still haven't figured out Christmas Eve. Of course, he still has swim practice. We have declined to do meets. I feel that at 6 he is too young even though they really want him to compete. He is the fastest free styler and butterflier on the team for the 8 and under crew. He can hold his own on the breast and back strokes. Also he has an hour every Thursday with his French Tutor who is from Lyon. And somewhere in all of this we need to do a gingerbread house. We plan on decorating this coming weekend. Then there will be Christmas break to figure out. It is good thing I'm taking things easy at the office this month.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to baby1at35's response:
Oooooo.....a man who bakes/cooks! Love that

The birthday parties are crazy - sometimes for the 4 year old, I just have to "no" without discussing with her...too much. The parties for the 7 year old have seemed to slow down. I think girls are having smaller slumber parties or doing something special (and expensive) with just a few friends.

I'm so glad you're job is working out!! Are you feeling better today?

H

baby1at35 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
The boys watched a cooking show with me and now they want to be chefs! Sounds good to this mama!
I know the b-day parties drive me batty it is 1st grade. Not so much for Henry (2nd grade). We couldn't make it to the last one but I always have to ask to bring Henry as well because I am not going to pay for a sitter to leave him at home while I take Tre.
The job is working out. I love my hours and it is really not an overly stressful type job. I am better and the cough is tapering off a bit but still lingering. Whatever this crud was it was nasty. Hoping the boys don't pick it up. So much going around school...stomach crud, strep (heard lots of strep..yuk! )
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to baby1at35's response:
Right! The "bring along a sibling" is always an issue. We've started getting invites that say "no siblings please".

Speaking of stuff going around...just got an email from the school - everyone is getting checked for lice today - 2 kids showed up with it - IN MY KIDS CLASSROOM!

Hoping the hour and a half she spends swimming in the overly cholorinated pool every night would kill off any but I know that's not the case. Fingers crossed that I don't get a "come pick up your infested child call"!

H

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.