Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Kids, Electronics, and Security
    mrswhitecastle posted:
    What are you doing to monitor your kids when on TV, computer, internet, etc? Do you have software (or anything of the kind) to limit content on internet or TV?

I was flipping through the channels this past week. I happened to turn to TLC. A network which I thought would be safe for kids, since it is supposedly The LEARNING Channel. Well, there was a stripper giving lap dances. Not exactly the type of learning I want my 5 and 7 year olds doing.

Right now, I just make sure that I am in the same room with them. I saw today that their school is doing an internet safety presentation next month that I will attend. After the TLC incident, I'm wondering what else I can do to monitor them.
    Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

iocasta responded:
    We only have Apple TV so we limit content that way. As for internet, he doesn't get on it without us so far that is working. As he gets older, we will have to come up with a better solution.

baby1at35 responded:
    I am always in the room with them. They know how to turn on the tv ect but they only turn to channel 12 (PBS).
    For internet I am always sitting with them so I monitor that way.
    I too will have to come up with a new system as they get older.
    For the most part I keep control of it all now.
    Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

baby1at35 replied to baby1at35's response:
    BTW : TLC is now a lot of junk. No longer The learning channel like it was. It is now the reality tv channel
    Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
    If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.