Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Gift for random new girlfriend
seeit2 posted:
My brother got a divorce at the end of 2010 and now lives with a woman I have met only once. I gather from the rest of the family that I am supposed to get her a gift for Christmas. Money is really tight and I have no desire to spend a lot, but I do feel an obligation (I'm grumpy about it, but I'll do it). Any suggestions? All I know about her is she likes to cook and she does not wear jewelry. And that's all the information I'm going to get about her at this point...any suggestions?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 responded:
Maybe a nice cookbook (relatively inexpensive...)
Sorry I am no help!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

iocasta responded:
I was also going to suggest a cookbook or a subscription to a magazine.

crunk05177 responded:
What about something nice for the home? A frame or a plant or something?
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Urg...I would be irritated as well.

Do you have "Ross Dress for Less" stores where you are? They have a very eclectic "kitchen" aisle and often have cute aprons, oven mitts, table cloths, etc. The TJ Maxx that just opened near my house has lots of that sort of random, low prices stuff.

I just googled "inexpensive kitchen gifts" and found this:

http://www.delish.com/entertaining-ideas/holidays/christmas/cheap-kitchen-gifts

Maybe an idea there?

Let us know what you end up getting!

H

seeit2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
OMG the "Star Wars" pancake molds are awesome...I may have to get her those. My brother has two kids, 5 and 8, so they would probably go over well no matter what. Otherwise I may just do a cookbook, seems like something she would use no matter what.

Thanks for the tips you guys!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.