Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Donations
baby1at35 posted:
Okay so I try to give as much as I can to certain organizations. But this time of year is sooo hard ! Everyone is asking and I feel awful when I truly can't do it. As a single mom I do a little but just can't afford it.
At church they are trying for food bank/homeless shelter which I feel is an absolute. I try to give food/ toilitires and blankets.
At school they are doing a food drive/diaper drive. I just feel bad I haven't given much at all.
I just got done with tons of fundraisers for school.

So I give a little and do what I can. Just wish I could do more. If I only won the lottery I would fully stock all those pantries and supply the homeless shelters with what they need !
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

iocasta responded:
IMHO isn't so important as how much that you give but that you give what you can. Every little bit is a great help.

earleyml1012 responded:
I agree. It's not about how much you give but if your heart is in the right place while giving it. There's a story in the bible about that. A rich person gave the church a lot but was bragging about it. However, a widow gave very little but was blessed that she could help others and Jesus said that's the attitude that we should have in giving. To me it sounds like your heart is in the right place!

laney0705 responded:
I totally understand. I truly wish I could give more. Even though I could bring my kids clothes to the consingment shop and make some cash I bring them to the school district I work for (which has 90% free/reduced lunch enrollment) and donate all their clothes. Sometimes I feel guility about not taking the money which we really need but then I think about the families that are so much worse off then us.

I think about the generosity so many people showed my family this time last year (including all of you wonderful ladies) and I know that even the little bit that I try to do makes a difference for someone.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

crunk05177 responded:
I agree that it isn't how much you give. For example, I heard of families who lost everything after the hurricane here. Instead of saving the kids old clothes and toys for our yearly garage sale I gave them to specific families who I knew needed it more then the $100 I would have made.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (5 1/2) and DS2 - Nathan (2 1/2 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.